Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm sorry. I forgot Brent Musberger is perfect and that everything he does is perfect.

[youtube]rPdjX4Kya7o[/youtube]

And I know she did the in-race breaks from a studio. I did not dream this.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    I'm sorry. I forgot Brent Musberger is perfect and that everything he does is perfect.

[youtube]rPdjX4Kya7o[/youtube]

And I know she did the in-race breaks from a studio. I did not dream this.
    And look at that game Musburger was announcing when that happened .... duh No1. Notre Dame v. No2.Alabama .

It wasn't St. Mary's School for Deaf and Blind v. Suzy Homemaker U in field hockey....

I would wager Ms. Czarniak's resume' comes no where close to Musburger's.
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagocrewIRL
    I would wager Ms. Czarniak's resume' comes no where close to Musburger's.
    So what, he has a good resume. All that means is he did a good job in the past, it says nothing about now. The video does.

Musburger does one freakin' race a year and all of the sudden he's indispensable? Sorry, but I never felt he brought much to the race except that resume. Meh.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    To Gary......

It's thread is NOT a defense of Brent Musburger. This thread is an attack on ESPN/ABC's trivialization of the 500. The 500 would be best to find an alternative to this mess that is ABC Sports. I e NBC Sports.
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    To Gary......

It's thread is NOT a defense of Brent Musburger. This thread is an attack on ESPN/ABC's trivialization of the 500. The 500 would be best to find an alternative to this mess that is ABC Sports. I e NBC Sports.

As an alternate thought... Burnt Muskburger is an old man that most younger viewers have no loyalty to... is it possible that NBC sports is bringing in a younger good looking hostbabe to attract younger viewers \? Jeeze I hope so !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    To Gary......

I was not the person who brought Musburger into the conversation.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Given the usual level of inane, irritating chatter that passes for "commentary" or "play-by-play" on any program covering sports in general, not merely automobile racing, I no longer have the sound on whenever I watch any sporting event. It makes them fairly tolerable and one is spared being assaulted by the twaddle and banality of the supposed conversations taking place.
    Popular memory is not history.... -- Gordon Wood

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    I was not the person who brought Musburger into the conversation.

Gary
    Well he is not the main focus of the thread and if you think he is then you have missed the point completely. He was mentioned along with a more than a few other great names in sports broadcasting as an example of the caliber of talent they used to provide for the Indy 500 telecast. I am sorry you have misinterpreted this discussion as a defense of Musburger. Just look at the past talent that used to occupy the host's chair; Jackson, McKay, Lampley, Page, Jenkins etc.

I wish you would be fair and look at the other posts on here which for some reason start making this thread about Musburger and NOT about ABC's disrespect for the 500 and IndyCar in general. I didn't post videos about anyone's mistakes as a broadcaster. And broadcasters do make mistakes that do not lessen their qualities as an overall body of work.

I say again:

Like I said, I wish her the best but when you go from guys that have done NCAA Championships, Super Bowls, Monday Night Football, Olympics etc. to some person who has only hosted a sports news/talk show on ESPN, it is a DOWNGRADE.
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    oh and I forgot Al Michaels who as a broadcaster is outstanding, not so good at decision making about getting behind the wheel after a few drinks ...
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

New host for the '500'; Cheever's role expanded

No offense to this young lady whom I have never heard of, but removing Brent Musburger from the hosting job is another downgrade in ABC/ESPN's continuing mistreatment of IndyCar. She might be talented but I would wager she is no Keith Jackson, Jim McKay, Brent Musburger, or Chris Schenckel, Paul Page or even Bob Jenkins

ABC/ESPN clearly does not listen to the fan base when it comes to the feedback regarding the present broadcast crew of Reid and Goodyear.

Thanks again ABC/ESPN for making IndyCar a non-story even when Sato won his first IndyCar race, absolutely no mention on ESPN Sportscenter.

With media giant COMCAST owning NBC, I am really hoping they buy out the remaining ABC/ESPN contract to cover the 500.
    Quote Originally Posted by bricarr2
    ChicagoCrewIRL:

I live in the Washington DC area Where Lindsey Czarniak was on the local NBC affiliate for a few years. I don't know her racing background (or if she even has one). However, she's very professional and will be prepared for hosting the 500, which by itself, constitutes an upgrade for ABC/ESPN.

As for the non-coverage on SportsCenter, ESPN's indifference to IndyCar (their partner) has been apparent for decades now. ABC/ESPN has network exclusivity yet they won't even run "Sato wins Long Beach" on the bottom line.

Something has to be done to improve this TV deal. While I don't know what that is, I can't see things getting better anytime soon.

Brian

Lindsey is a long time pit reporter for the TNT portion of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Schedule, and bricarr2 was right: last year she did a pretty good job HOSTING the 6 TNT races, which can be a chore considering she has to do the pre-race show with Kyle Petty and Larry McReynolds. So she does have experience with this sort of thing.

Not taking anything away from Brent Musberger, who is a broadcasting legend in his own right, but in my opinion the less "stick-and-ball" hosts and announcers we have to listen to during a race broadcast, the better off we are.
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ