Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DOTD Bahrain

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I got a few posts in and gave up. Shallow I am

Look; PdR did a great job. He's against a very fast team mate but looks like he has his Mojo back.

Lewis was great. Come on Merc, just final push.... Please.

Seb. He just pissed off. The RB is amazing again but he drove it perfectly.

I quite liked Checo as well. He was a liability but great fun. Carefull Martin......

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    Grosjean. He just flew in the car for once.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Just as in the Camel thread there are quite a few.

- Vettel - He did have a great car, but in 2 laps he got ahead and then drove a perfect race, Webber showed how its possibleto waste such a car.

Other mentions.
    - Raikkonen - Solid job on 2 stops. While others squabbled he calmly rose through the field
    - Grosjean - The same. Used the Lotus pace to claim a nice podium.
    - Paul di Resta - In a Force India he battled with the leaders all race but thanks to my favorite "Show" aid lost out.
    - Hamilton - He stayed calm and drove hard to finish 5th while his pole sitting team mate fell away. Mature drive.
    - Perez - As well as some Donkey moments he showed great pace and great fight and it was his best race thus far for Mclaren.
    - Alonso - No DRS, he had to fight the old way and did a decent job.
    - Maldonado - done OK in a dog of a Williams.
    - Pic - Done a Bianchi and got with 10 seconds of the Midfield.
    - Chilton - For the weekend. Much closer to Jules.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I am sorry to say this, but this thread shows the notable bias against Vettel a certain group of people have on this forum. Whenever Vettel wins a race or generally does well, they feel incredibly reluctant in giving him the credit for the achievement. However, whenever someone else wins (like Räikkönen or Alonso so far this season), they get lots of praises, even if this win was achieved in the best car. And Webber got lots of praise for his "moral win" in Malaysia too.

I have noticed already for a long time that Vettel barely gets mentioned in these kind of threads. So a top driver and a triple champion never puts in an impressive drive? Hard to believe, I think.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    I'll give my DOTD to Vettel. There was no one else there that stood out that much to me, however, Vettel did a fantastic overtake on Alonso and took Rosberg to take the race by the scruff of the neck. Alonso did a good job as well considering his DRS issues which are worth quite a bit of laptime around Bahrain, but Vettel still gets my DOTD - flawless from start to finish, proved he can fight with the best wheel to wheel as he has done a few times already this year and last. He also made his teammate look like a complete moron next to him.

Quote Originally Posted by jens
    I am sorry to say this, but this thread shows the notable bias against Vettel a certain group of people have on this forum. Whenever Vettel wins a race or generally does well, they feel incredibly reluctant in giving him the credit for the achievement. However, whenever someone else wins (like Räikkönen or Alonso so far this season), they get lots of praises, even if this win was achieved in the best car. And Webber got lots of praise for his "moral win" in Malaysia too.

I have noticed already for a long time that Vettel barely gets mentioned in these kind of threads. So a top driver and a triple champion never puts in an impressive drive? Hard to believe, I think.

Perhaps you should question why that is? If a large group of people are biased then it's hardly just coincidence.

As much as I'm not fond of Vettel I'll give him the credit where and when it's due. If I felt he was a true great of the sport and his achievements didn't largely rely on the machinery at his disposal, I'd give him more credit, however, I feel there are two-three drivers on the current grid which would hand his ass on a plate to him were they his teammate in RBR. I might be wrong about this and maybe we'll find out in time that I am. I hope we do.

None of that changes my opinion that he was DOTD yesterday though

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    Perhaps you should question why that is? If a large group of people are biased then it's hardly just coincidence.

As much as I'm not fond of Vettel I'll give him the credit where and when it's due. If I felt he was a true great of the sport and his achievements didn't largely rely on the machinery at his disposal, I'd give him more credit, however, I feel there are two-three drivers on the current grid which would hand his ass on a plate to him were they his teammate in RBR. I might be wrong about this and maybe we'll find out in time that I am. I hope we do.

None of that changes my opinion that he was DOTD yesterday though
    This is all well that you recognize a good performance. You may think many things, this is not a problem. You may think a driver would struggle in a different circumstance. Anything can happen, I ponder about many things as well. For instance Massa was impressive in 2008, but hasn't shone alongside Alonso. However, it doesn't take anything away from his 2008, he had impressive drives then. Same with Vettel now. He may not be liked or whatever, but if a driver very evidently puts in a good performance and people do not recognize this, it becomes a problem. Not for the driver himself, but for the general assessment and discussion.

This is all well that you recognize a good performance. You may think many things, this is not a problem. You may think a driver would struggle in a different circumstance. Anything can happen, I ponder about many things as well. For instance Massa was impressive in 2008, but hasn't shone alongside Alonso. However, it doesn't take anything away from his 2008, he had impressive drives then. Same with Vettel now. He may not be liked or whatever, but if a driver very evidently puts in a good performance and people do not recognize this, it becomes a problem. Not for the driver himself, but for the general assessment and discussion.
    The whole point of assessment and discussion is for people to share their views discuss their differences. It's only a problem if you have an issue with people's opinions differing from your own. Just because the majority don't agree with your opinion doesn't mean anyone is biased against anyone in particular, it just means there's more discussions to be had or maybe you're wrong You can pick and choose your own battles too. I sometimes stay out of certain threads because I know it would infuriate me to debate with certain people who are so black and white or some people who over elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    The whole point of assessment and discussion is for people to share their views discuss their differences. It's only a problem if you have an issue with people's opinions differing from your own. Just because the majority don't agree with your opinion doesn't mean anyone is biased against anyone in particular, it just means there's more discussions to be had or maybe you're wrong You can pick and choose your own battles too. I sometimes stay out of certain threads because I know it would infuriate me to debate with certain people who are so black and white or some people who over elaborate.
    That's right and usually I don't like to have pointless "battles" about things that don't matter in the grand scheme of things. Especially nowadays. In the past I have done more than enough of useless arguing, so time to move on. :

This time I just pointed out one thing that I have noticed in the long-run already. In my view a significant tendency - but I'll let everyone think of it what they want.

That's right and usually I don't like to have pointless "battles" about things that don't matter in the grand scheme of things. Especially nowadays. In the past I have done more than enough of useless arguing, so time to move on. :

This time I just pointed out one thing that I have noticed in the long-run already. In my view a significant tendency - but I'll let everyone think of it what they want.
    We get a little more mature as we get a little more seasoned, jens