Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coulthard Fan
    Button, he is such a moaner SHUTUP and race properly!
    Perez did nothing wrong he was racing hard as it should be done.

Button will moan till the cows come home... Then again he has always been like that.
    \i've got nothing against team mates battleing. It's rare at the top flight and McLaren generally let them sort it out.

However, it was Checo that hit Buttons car that prompted the call, damaging his end plate in the bargain.

Button had a right to be peeved. It could have taken both him checo out of the game

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on

However, it was Checo that hit Buttons car that prompted the call, damaging his end plate in the bargain.

Button had a right to be peeved. It could have taken both him checo out of the game
    Was this the move where Button had the inside going into turn 4 then cut Checo off from doing an over and under?
    If so, i would consider this a racing incident. This move is done time and time again and it is very rare that the guy going into the inside of the corner is able to brake enough to cut the following car off from doing an "under" move out of the corner.
    If you ask me, JB should have put his head down and continued to race hard, instead of whining over the radio: He just hit me.
    He pulled some dirty moves on Checo.
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Of course button should have come over the radio, he has no knowledge of what is being covered by the tv at that moment, so was supplying information. Had Perez lost more of his front wing or Button suffered a puncture the team needed to know immediately so they could act. There is a vast amount of radio traffic we don't get to hear, but that one was pretty juicy, so was broadcast, but I see no issue with telling the team you've been hit from behind, whether its your teammate or not. You can bet there was futher comments from both drivers and the team that we didn't hear

Sent from North Korea using the dark network
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    \i've got nothing against team mates battleing. It's rare at the top flight and McLaren generally let them sort it out.

They both gave as good as they got. And Button planted his car right in the path of where he knew Checo would be driving so it was always a risk Checo would hit him from behind.

Button was also well able to run Checo wide on that corner on a different lap. If you're going by the letter of the law he should have received a penalty for not giving his teammate a cars width on the outside of the circuit. Both were in the fight, both were equally culpable, and Button should stop being such a little b*tch about it.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Yeah I thought it was a bit rich of Button to complain. I thought both drivers were responsible for the contact as Perez went wide for the undercut and Button appeared to slow in the middle of the corner more so than usual. Maybe he was trying to slow Perez and get the jump? He was entitled to do it but felt it contributed. Running his teammate wide on a different lap was much more dangerous in terms of putting both cars out IMO, something Perez did to Alonso later in the race. I enjoyed the battling overall. I have to say Sergio's demeanour after the race was very mature with no complaints about his team mate. I hope Sergio is as feisty in the coming races too.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Maybe Martin Whitmarsh should tell Perez to just go ahead and win the race, since he seems to be following his boss's instructions to the letter at the moment

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL
    Maybe Martin Whitmarsh should tell Perez to just go ahead and win the race, since he seems to be following his boss's instructions to the letter at the moment
    Who needs pace eh?

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Yeah I thought it was a bit rich of Button to complain. I thought both drivers were responsible for the contact as Perez went wide for the undercut and Button appeared to slow in the middle of the corner more so than usual. Maybe he was trying to slow Perez and get the jump? He was entitled to do it but felt it contributed. Running his teammate wide on a different lap was much more dangerous in terms of putting both cars out IMO, something Perez did to Alonso later in the race. I enjoyed the battling overall. I have to say Sergio's demeanour after the race was very mature with no complaints about his team mate. I hope Sergio is as feisty in the coming races too.
    1. lets remember he ran Hamilton into the wall in Canada 2 years ago ...but I digress
    2.Post race, Davidson basically debunked all of Button's claims by showing that he ran Perez wide, closed the door on the undercut by dangerously slowing mid corner, and even went as far as asking Button if he thought those moves were clean. Of Course Button didn't answer any of those questions and pretended like the he could not hear Davidson. The only thing Perez did wrong yesterday was to drive Alonso off the road in a move that he himself was the victim of by Button, and one that I thought the FIA had already outlawed. Didn't vettel get a penalty for that in Monza?
    3. In conclusion, Button came off realy bad IMO. moaning and complaining when he was the real culprit. If the team had told Button to let Perez go bye. He probably would have taken Hamilton as well. Instead he lost a lot of time behind his slower teammate, trying to defend in a slightly dirty manner.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    The only thing Perez did wrong yesterday was to drive Alonso off the road in a move that he himself was the victim of by Button, and one that I thought the FIA had already outlawed. Didn't vettel get a penalty for that in Monza?
    Stewards have been rather blind for moves like that. In fact Vettel is possibly the only one, who ever got penalized for such a move. Schumacher got away with it against Lewis at Monza, Alonso against Vettel at the same venue and Rosberg showed some almighty squeezes against against Lewis and Alonso last year, too. Webber's squeezing Vettel into the wall and Schumacher almost wrecking Barrichello went largely unpunished, too.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts

This is why we have team orders.

I blame McLaren more than Button. They should have explained the situation that Checo was quicker and more likely to earn a bigger haul of points. A top 5 looked do-able.

They didn't so JB thinks he did nothing wrong running his race not knowing the bigger picture.