Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Vacationing in the Smokey Mountains, but I'll be home in time for all of the racing series on Sunday.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hello FormerFF,

I just saw this thread and noticed you live in GA. I recently moved to Flowery Branch and live 8 miles from Road Atlanta. Originally from South DeKalb County, Ellenwood/Cedar Grove area. Living so close to Road Atlanta, it's ashame that I am not a road-racing fan, though I have developed an interest in the Australian V8 Supercar Series. Why, I don't know, just one of those unusual quirks of nature, I guess. If they would run a V8 Supercar race there, I would go to it. I remember when they opened Road Atlanta, quite a few years ago. Anyway, saw you are from GA, so I just wanted to say hello to a fellow Georgian.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I watched the Mid-Ohio race this week. There was some good action and drama, specially in the GT class. A DP prototype hit something and then burned right on the race track. This is a good series. Hopefully it will be better next year (now merged with ALMS).

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Lee
    Hello FormerFF,

I just saw this thread and noticed you live in GA. I recently moved to Flowery Branch and live 8 miles from Road Atlanta. Originally from South DeKalb County, Ellenwood/Cedar Grove area. Living so close to Road Atlanta, it's ashame that I am not a road-racing fan, though I have developed an interest in the Australian V8 Supercar Series. Why, I don't know, just one of those unusual quirks of nature, I guess. If they would run a V8 Supercar race there, I would go to it. I remember when they opened Road Atlanta, quite a few years ago. Anyway, saw you are from GA, so I just wanted to say hello to a fellow Georgian.
    Good to hear from you. Think about coming out for the Petit Lemans, even if sports car racing is not your thing, the atmosphere is amazing.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FormerFF
    Good to hear from you. Think about coming out for the Petit Lemans, even if sports car racing is not your thing, the atmosphere is amazing.
    Hey FormerFF,

I'm sorry for the very late response, I usually check the forums every day, but I usually just briefly scan, before going to work. I'm sorry I missed this, until now. Hope you've been doing well. I am actually planning to go to Road Atlanta that weekend, but only for the race on Friday, 18 Oct, I believe is the date. I am primarly a stock car racing fan, NASCAR, ARCA, etc., in fact, I use to race, several years ago, at Lanier Speedway (now closed, unfortunately ) right across the street from Road Atlanta. NASCAR's K&N East Series is running Road Atlanta on that Friday. Since ISC now owns Road Atlanta, I wish they would buy Lanier and add it to the complex. Honestly, it would be more suited for the K&N Series, than the road course would, as they are primarly a short track series. Anyway, I went to a race at Road Atlanta, WAY BACK in 1973, I believe it was -- remember, I said I remember when the track opened, believe it had only been open for 3 years at that point, it was for an old (original) NASCAR GrandAm race, Mustangs, Cameros, etc. that was won by the late "Tiny" Lund. There were several TransAm (the old SCCA "pony car" series) teams/drivers entered in that race. That was a LONG time ago. I haven't been back there since. I'll tell you what, let's keep in touch on here and when Oct rolls around, If you happen to make it out to Road Atlanta, for that Friday, again I believe it is 18 Oct, I'll meet you there, we'll have a cold beer or two, talk some racing and watch the K&N race and whatever else goes on, on track for that day. What ya think, sound good to you?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    By all means, let me know. I plan on being there on Friday and Saturday.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    We'll stay in touch here and we'll do it.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I forgot to ask, what flavor beer do you prefer? I've gotten to the point where I just don't like the "domestic" beers, Coors, Bud, Miller, etc., very much. They all taste watered-down to me. I like Smithwick, which is a Gunniss product and I like the various "craft" beers, Sweetwater, Samual Adams, Red Brick, Fat Tire, etc. They just have a better taste. That being said, I'll drink a couple of whatever brand you like. Unfortunately, I said a couple, and that is what it will have to be. I was diagnosed with diabetes, several years ago, so I can only have one or two beers, on occasion. I haven't drank any in quite awhile, so I'll hold off, until that day and have my couple of beers at the track, with you.