Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I like Lewis

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts

I like Lewis

... when he says such positive things about Fernando

BBC Sport - Lewis Hamilton column: Racing has become more strategic
    "Fernando, really. He feels to me like he's the most complete driver here. And with pure speed, he is rapid. He is such a quick driver but he's also very, very smart in how he does it. I really admire him for that.
    "Back in 2007, we were both immature and misbehaved. We took a long time to recover from that. Fernando probably said a lot of things through anger, as I did, and that got twisted and turned in the media which impacted on the fans. So there are people who don't like me and people who don't like him.
    I bury my hatchet
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote
    ... when he says such positive things about Fernando

BBC Sport - Lewis Hamilton column: Racing has become more strategic

I bury my hatchet
    I like him a lot more now as well, I started doing that after Monza 2011, where after the race he didn't complain about the racing. I like drivers who have respect for other driver and teams, he is definitely maturing, even his exit from Mclaren was not filled with remorse or any bad mouthing, he did that gracefully and transitioned very well into Mercedes.

My personal favorites in F1 are now Massa, and Lewis

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    I have always liked Lewis as driver, and I am starting also to like him as person
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Donkey of the race - China 2013
    Alonso and lewis did you see how they were getting on after the race
    http://www.motorsportforums.com/f1/1...ml#post1124343
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    For me, it was hard to like him during his rookie year because even though it was clear he was talented, he had been granted every concession along the way. I wanted him to face some adversity.

Since then, Lewis has impressed me with his moxie and ability to compete (and succeed) in challenging situations.

I also like his helmet design.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    May the forza be with you

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Alonso's my favorite, so it's clear to see how i despised him coming in '07. Blah, blah, blah. I remember all the arguments with the pro-Hamilton peeps on the forums. Same as now with the Vettel-strokers. Lol.
    My whole attitude changed in Austin last year. I loved how he kept Seb honest throughout the whole race. I cheered when he passed Vettel, perhaps cause i dislike Vettel for the same reasons that i disliked Ham back then.
    Anyway, with his decision to switch from McLaren and his new team, i like what he's done sofar. He also showed some restraint and maturity last year. His goal was to place high and make a podium every race, not simply win. Something i think he learned from Alonso, lol.
    Vettel now complains about not being able to outright push all race and gives the Pirellis a hard time for how they have to be handled, yet this is exactly what he needs to learn. Hamilton's slightly ahead there.
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

vettel figured out the pirellis better than anyone when they were first introduced. vettel has hardly complained about the tyres. webber has complained every opportunity he gets. anyway, look with what vettel did on sunday with the third best car in terms of race pace.

hamilton and alonso see vettel as their biggest threat, so have been playing this passive-aggressive game with him the last couple of years. they try to pretend he's not even in the discussion for who is the top driver. vettel couldn't care less i imagine. i mean the toxic relationship between vettel and webber doesn't phase vettel one bit. he thrives and almost enjoys it. hamilton cares too much what people think.

vettel's record speaks for itself. if we start handing out championships for a brave second in the standings schumacher would be a 10x champion, prost would have about 7, etc.

they're at ferrari and mclaren and haven't got the job done. if hamilton wanted to go to red bull, he could have. if alonso wanted to go to red bull, he could have.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    I didn't like him especially in 2011, when he really was beside himself. But I must say, he's growing on me - he's come a long way since then. Seems to be growing into a real character.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Lewis is a good guy... we've found someone else that's been acting more of a tool recently and can dislike them instead.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!