Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13
    I agree that Mark Webber is rubbish.

I mean only starting in 199 Grand Prix - Ordinary

11 Pole Positions - Anyone could do that.

35 Podiums - Badoer could do better

9 GP wins. Anyone with less must be a useless driver.

Stats dont lie do they.
    OMG! Rubens Barrichello beats all of those statistics!

How many podiums and wins did he have before he was in the fastest car on the grid? Can you count them on one hand?

In their time together, in the same car. Vettel has notched up as many wins as WINS as Webber has podiums. So what does that say?

How many pole positions has Vettel had in that time? 3-4 times more?

Yeah, I agree. He is rubbish.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Then so was Villeneuve, Barrichello and Button all of who only achieved wins and podiums in really fast cars. In fact most drivers in F1 only win in fastest cars.

Any driver that makes it to F1 is a good driver and any who does as well as Webber is a brilliant one, regardless of the car.

I think people need to remember how good all these drivers are and just how good the likes of Vettel, Hamilton and Alonso are.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Then so was Villeneuve, Barrichello and Button all of who only achieved wins and podiums in really fast cars. In fact most drivers in F1 only win in fastest cars.

Any driver that makes it to F1 is a good driver and any who does as well as Webber is a brilliant one, regardless of the car.

I think people need to remember how good all these drivers are and just how good the likes of Vettel, Hamilton and Alonso are.
    There is no doubting how much skill these guys have, even the guys in GP2 and other feeder series. But we are not comparing drivers with ourselves, we are comparing them with their peers.
    And I do not for a second believe that Webber is in any way "brilliant" compared to anyone currently on the grid, with few exceptions.
    He is a driver who showed much promise when he came into F1 and then showed nothing special since. He has been very luck to be in the position in which he is, but he is a number #2 driver and can't admit it to himself.

He has had the fastest car since 2009. 4 years. And what does he have to show for it? While his team mate has dominated, he hasn't made an impact. In 2009 or 2010, yes he was a good drivers. He was very lucky that Vettel had two technical failures while leading, (and went kamakazee on him) that gave him a chance - and Webber blew it.
    In 2011, WTF. Vettel won 11 races. Webber won 1. And even that was an act of charity from RedBull in hope of getting him #2 in the c'ship. Now #3 doesn't sound bad, but that's 134 point difference.

Where was he last year? 6th.

This isn't a brilliant driver in my book, average, on the level DC, Rubens, even Button.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSon
    He has become "pretty successfull" when he joined RB - with by far the best car on the grid. And still has been much weaker than his young teammate. Barichelo also seem'd successfull and quick when driving the dominating Ferrari, Kovalainen in McLaren too.
    Webber was really impressive at Jaguar, so it's not just Red Bull.
    “Leave me alone!”

Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    Webber was really impressive at Jaguar, so it's not just Red Bull.
    He was only impressive in the Jaguar, nowhere else.

Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Drives for the BEST TEAM in the BEST CAR for the last 3 years and has only managed to finish 3rd twice and 6th in the Championship. Is the worst blocker on the grid, makes terrible judgements(Just ask JV) and has disobeyed Team orders......

Time for him to go.
    I can't spend too much time defending Webber against outlandish statements but if folks keep making them then I feel I sorta gotta. I do hope that my buttons aren't being pushed.

By you calling Red Bull the BEST TEAM I can only assume that you are saying Webber has been doing the business. He would thank you for the recognition I'm sure.

His performance in the BEST CAR has been exemplary. He has only been headed in the championship by a couple of world champions in the last 3 years. How's this, of drivers who have never won a world championship, Webber has led his category in all of the last 3 years.

In 2009 he was beaten by 2 non-world champions. Vettel and Barrichiello in the BAR with which Button won the championship.

When did JV retire again? 2006, 2007? I seem to have lost his number but if I did ask him I'm sure he is not curled up in a ball over anything Mark Webber might have done all those years ago.

Blocking is defending and if Webber is the worst blocker on the grid then he needs to work on it - even in these long dark DRS days. I would love to see a grid full of blockers but alas that pleasure is denied us by the "push to pass" and DRS fanboys who rule F1 today.

There should be only one team order and that is "you scratch it, you pay for it".

It is not time for Webber to go in my opinion but it is time for him to go for it...

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    OMG! Rubens Barrichello beats all of those statistics!

How many podiums and wins did he have before he was in the fastest car on the grid? Can you count them on one hand?

In their time together, in the same car. Vettel has notched up as many wins as WINS as Webber has podiums. So what does that say?

How many pole positions has Vettel had in that time? 3-4 times more?

Yeah, I agree. He is rubbish.
    A very simplistic and dismissive way of weighing things up IMO.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Drives for the BEST TEAM in the BEST CAR for the last 3 years and has only managed to finish 3rd twice and 6th in the Championship.

Time for him to go.
    Yes.

I agree that Mark Webber is rubbish.

I mean only starting in 199 Grand Prix - Ordinary

11 Pole Positions - Anyone could do that.

35 Podiums - Badoer could do better

9 GP wins. Anyone with less must be a useless driver.

Stats dont lie do they.
    Considering that he has had the best and fastest car for almost 4 years now, in addition to that he has not had to deal with a top 3 driver as his teammate, he should have won far more. At least Barrichello had the excuse of having the best driver in the world as his teammate, webber doesn't even have that.
    "signature room for rent"

Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    A very simplistic and dismissive way of weighing things up IMO.
    To that I say:

Stats dont lie do they.
    Unless you guys mean DC and Rubens are great drives?
    All three have impressive statistics while out of context, but when you compare them to their teammates, it is a different story entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Whyzars
    I can't spend too much time defending Webber against outlandish statements but if folks keep making them then I feel I sorta gotta. I do hope that my buttons aren't being pushed.

By you calling Red Bull the BEST TEAM I can only assume that you are saying Webber has been doing the business. He would thank you for the recognition I'm sure.
    The credit of that lies soley in the hands of one Adrian Newey. And honorary mention goes to Vettel, for doing what the car was capable of doing.

His performance in the BEST CAR has been exemplary. He has only been headed in the championship by a couple of world champions in the last 3 years. How's this, of drivers who have never won a world championship, Webber has led his category in all of the last 3 years.
    Yet, it is his team mate, who has always prevailed by quite a margin (lets take Vettel's engine failures into consideration).

Where was he last year?
    Where was in in 2011 when his team mate won half the races and Webber had one out of RBR's charity?

In 2009 he was beaten by 2 non-world champions. Vettel and Barrichiello in the BAR with which Button won the championship.
    Yes, where his younger team mate, only in his second season in F1 beat him. Hum, yes that is impressive.
    Didn't really impress in the second half of that season either.