Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
    Liked 46 Times in 41 Posts
    Great race! Kudos to Mclaren for allowing Perez to pester Button for the good part of the race in light of the presence of their main sponsor señor Simms. In effect ruining Buttons race but its Mclaren's mantra to let drivers race each other even if it means compromising the team's strategy.
    Forza Jules! Forza Michael!

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    good racing everywhere, except for the lead of the race. That is the problem.

and the so obviously fake scream......
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    so annoying to see vettel on the podium
    He is celebrating like he did something special today
    That's not quite fair. He didn't get the lead by default, he had to wrestle down both Alonso and Rosberg to get there. We have a lot of people saying that Vettel can't fight. Today he did. When Fernando ran into trouble, Vettel was already out of DRS range, so he didn't get it gifted completely.
    And he did something special. He won a race. That's special by default, because 23 other guys didn't. Every driver, who wins a GP did something special. Even Maldonado.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by longisland
    Great race! Kudos to Mclaren for allowing Perez to pester Button for the good part of the race in light of the presence of their main sponsor señor Simms. In effect ruining Buttons race but its Mclaren's mantra to let drivers race each other even if it means compromising the team's strategy.
    Its the other way around for me. Button as ruining Perez's race. Perez was obviously half a second quicker and defended aggressively then had the nerve to complain. What did he expect, perez to hold station behind him and allow Alonso to pass him?

the proof was how quick perez was once he got passed buton and alons made a quick meal of him too. then button had to pit for a 4th time.
    I'm sorry, but Button was a donkey today and all he did was compromise Perez today.
    you can't argue with results.

Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    That's not quite fair. He didn't get the lead by default, he had to wrestle down both Alonso and Rosberg to get there. We have a lot of people saying that Vettel can't fight. Today he did. When Fernando ran into trouble, Vettel was already out of DRS range, so he didn't get it gifted completely.
    And he did something special. He won a race. That's special by default, because 23 other guys didn't. Every driver, who wins a GP did something special. Even Maldonado.
    sorta fair enough. He earned it with his first 2 laps action, where of course the RBR is mighty.
    If you look back at every race since full tanks came in, RBR has had the measure of its competitors on the opening laps, especially in Vettel's hands.

But, I grudgingly acknowledge a solid race from him, and fastest lap. So I'll say he did good, but not worthy of an almighty scream like he had just had a historic race. Its far too exuberant based on the outcome.
    I guess every win is special.

Button needs to shut up
    He is slagging Perez in his interview with sky

What a loser,
    so much for a "team leader"

Perez has nothing to apologize for.
    With the improving car, it seems like perez is doing what folks thought he could do, slightly outperform the car, while Button did what many here think he always does, simply drive only to the limitations of the car.

and during the interview with whitemarsh he also has a very slight dig at Perez for touching button from behind which is not really within context
    1. Button was all over the track, weaving in and out
    2. Button slightly brake checked him. I watched it 3 times now and it is clear that Button was too slow in that corner
    3. Button is lucky not to get a penalty for simply running Perez off the track
    4. Has Whitemarsh talked to Button and told him that what he did running his teammate off the track was wrong?

They are making it as if Perez purpoosly hit Button from behind
    so annoying

At least Button i sorta walking back some of his anger a bit, and is trying to make light of the situation

Liked 46 Times in 41 Posts
    Didn't realize Button ran out of rubber and was holding up Checo. Then the fault will lie squarely on Mclaren for ruining the team's race. So much for allowing drivers to race each other. Again, Kudos to Mclaren.
    Forza Jules! Forza Michael!

Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
    If I'm Red Bull, I'm not celebrating too much. Vettel is in the lead, but only 10 points ahead of Raikkonen. RBR leads the WCC, but Lotus is only 16 points behind. Two weeks before Spain, and the heat will be on Red Bull as Webber isn't doing too good as of late. Another 2-car podium by Lotus and things will get kinda skittish in Austria.
    Defend mediocrity... because excelence is just too hard to achieve. :p

lol
    Davidson exposes Button and the man is at a loss for words
    brilliant