Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    wow, this thread went off topic fast
    as to the race and tangentially referring to the Massa/Alonso discussion

If there is any chance of the "resurrection of Massa" within the team and podiums/wins, this race is his golden ticket.
    Starting P4 with the hards and right behind his teammate.
    He should go at least 10 laps further than Alonso, and I assume he will take the race lead as Rosberg, Vettel and Alonso pit.
    It will then be up to him to put in 10 stunning laps to make his strategy work, and perhaps even stretch it to a 2 stop strategy.
    So as I see it, out of the top 5 starting positions, he is on the optimum strategy.

Now just because conspiracy theorists may sound crazy, doesn't mean that there ins't a kernel of truth in some of the speculation.
    I for one think the Ferrari will compromise Massa. Probably bringing him in earlier than required, and if he and Alonso are close, either told to back off or let him pass.
    Team orders are allowed and I think one of the reasons Massa is even back at Ferrari despite having a terrible 2012 was probably under the understanding that he is a clear #2
    Now what would be interesting is if he were to disregard team orders and have an epic battle with Alonso. Now that would be something to watch!
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    I'm fairly sure that Ferrari will make sure that Massa does not compromise Alonso's strategy if by any chance he ends up in front of him. If they still need to pit and there is a significant laptime difference between then, the slower one will be told to let his teammate through - whoever it is. It would not make any sense to destroy one or both drivers' strategy by letting them race.

Liked 58 Times in 27 Posts
    i did say that mercedes were up to somthing... now wait for the race...

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I am glad for Rosberg's pole, but he is starting tomorrow's race surrounded by real sharks, Vettel and Alonso. It will be an interesting race. I was again surprised by McLaren's lack of speed. Who could have predicted a year ago that McLaren cars will be mostly racing with Force India.

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    I hope Alonso can get by Vettel unscathed. Undoubtedly, Seb'll try something dirty.
    As for Massa beating Alonso and all this nonsense discussed earlier
    Even if his strategy is better than Alonso's, he'll somehow manage to end up at least 30 seconds off the leader.....
    The only real threat to Alonso tomorrow is Kimi and, well.......he didn't show up for qualifying.
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister
    I hope Alonso can get by Vettel unscathed. Undoubtedly, Seb'll try something dirty.

Undoubtedly? Please.

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    Undoubtedly? Please.
    As long as he stays back in the first turn, so that Seb doesn't try another brake check. Lol
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister
    As long as he stays back in the first turn, so that Seb doesn't try another brake check. Lol
    Does that mean you think that Alonso's bone-headed mistake at Malaysia is now suddenly a dirty tactic by Vettel? He may have learned his starting tactics from the chopmeister Schuey himself, but I think such a stupid statement isn't even funny if meant sarcastically...
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rosberg could surprise us all but I do think the race is going to be between Seb, Kimi and Fernando. Massa may get swamped at the start as he is on the hard tyres and those behind will be on softs and as the track is easy to overtake on then he might not be able to hold them back. But the ferrari does have good race pace so hopefully he might be able to hold people off.

Unless there is something totally unusually happening this afternoon I would be surprised to see anyone but the top 4 on the winners step.