Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alca-Tazizzle
Precisely, plus let’s not talk about what happened between Hamilton and Alonso 5 years ago it has nothing to do with the form of Alonso lately. If certain members can't appreciate that at this point in time Alonso is as good or better than anyone else out there then I'm not going to try to convince them, just watch and enjoy. I know I will regardless of who wins the WDC
i think alonso is 3rd best on the grid, which is quite an achievement. but there must be good reason that ferrari keep massa when he's been uncompetitive for three seasons. it goes beyond giving him adequate time to recover from what happened in 09.

look what happened to trulli at renault when he was beating alonso in 04. look at singapore 08. whether alonso were part of these decisions or not, it shows that a team boss will go to enormous lengths to advantage alonso.

07 alonso was expecting to create manipulate the situation like he had at renault, but wasn't able to so he resorts to blackmailing ron dennis.

then you have now. who knows the exact details but santander aren't the title sponsor of ferrari to see massa on the top of the podium. alonso is no doubt quicker than even an 2006-2009 massa, but the difference over the last three seasons is greatly exaggerated.

at the end of the day, ferrari have put all the eggs in the alonso basket and in three seasons haven't got any closer to winning a championship than massa did, have only 5 wins since 2011, despite having a huge budget.