Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts

Silverstone ELMS & WEC. This weekend

Ok who is going, should be nice and cold at Silverstone. Entry list http://www.fiawec.com/courses/6-heur...ntry_list.html Timetable 6 Hours of Silverstone > Race program. Sorry about the state of the thread. I don't seem to be able to enter down to the next line on this forum... Steve

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Who is at the pole position?

Toyota Front row

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Just got back, was there for ELMS and we got P2 in LMP2 class, it was cold and wet.... bring on Imola :-)
    Passion will make you crazy, but is there a other way to live ? :burnout:

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Decent day out. Good weather. Forecast for rain mid race but there was only a brief shower.

Wished RLM could talk more about the GTs. The lights weren't working which didn't help.

Not impressed by Audi's 2013 car even though they walked away with it. When Toyota go on top of their tyre problems they were setting competitive pace in their old car.

Kobayashi excelled in the Ferrari. If there is a possibility Porsche should sign him up for their P1 car.

Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Decent day out. Good weather. Forecast for rain mid race but there was only a brief shower.

Wished RLM could talk more about the GTs. The lights weren't working which didn't help.

Not impressed by Audi's 2013 car even though they walked away with it. When Toyota go on top of their tyre problems they were setting competitive pace in their old car.

Kobayashi excelled in the Ferrari. If there is a possibility Porsche should sign him up for their P1 car.
    It was a brilliant day out. The Audi's sound rubbish, although I think they looked quicker than the Toyota through the quick bits. Ive even got sunburnt neck. DOSE ANY ONE KNOW WHY MY ENTER BUTTON DONT WORK ON THIS FORUM. ICANT ENTER DOWN A LINE. Steve

In the first couple of stints yes but Toyota had graining issues at first, Wurz said he suffered understeer but with the correct tyres the car was noticeably more nimble hence not impressed by Audi!

In the first couple of stints yes but Toyota had graining issues at first, Wurz said he suffered understeer but with the correct tyres the car was noticeably more nimble hence not impressed by Audi!
    Yep have to agree with you there. Hope the 2013 car is better, and takes the battle to Audi. I was glad McNish won. But I would like to see Toyota beat them now. Still amazes me, even though ive been watching this sport since the Group C days, how the fastest LMP cars catch and get past the GT cars, in impossible places. Steve

Quote Originally Posted by big_sw2000
    Still amazes me, even though ive been watching this sport since the Group C days, how the fastest LMP cars catch and get past the GT cars, in impossible places. Steve
    Yep, awesome spectacle when you see a P1 car slice through traffic in the Becketts/Maggotts complex.

I've always wondered whether it was Audi starting it all off - McNish took no prisoners in ALMS. In recent years I've seen the old IMSA GTPs and they weren't as aggressive.

Yep, awesome spectacle when you see a P1 car slice through traffic in the Becketts/Maggotts complex.

I've always wondered whether it was Audi starting it all off - McNish took no prisoners in ALMS. In recent years I've seen the old IMSA GTPs and they weren't as aggressive.
    You maybe correct there. But also, it sometimes goes wrong, as McNish know.