Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 306 Cosworth
    Really unhappy with the Sunday selection of stages. Even more so that the Dyfnant car park closes early Saturday evening and doesn't reopen until 5am. What's the point in that?! And only world rally pass holders will have access to Penllyn.
    So they are going to evict all the motor homes etc. to make them pay 2 stage entrance fees. It'll end in tears!! As for Penllyn -it doesn't have a fence around it
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 34 Times in 15 Posts
    Where would you park for Penllyn though Phil?
    Twitter - @Rallycameraman

Quote Originally Posted by 306 Cosworth
    Where would you park for Penllyn though Phil?
    PM because the sneaky swines have cut off the road from Vernwy!!

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts

Re: Rally GB aims for fan-friendly route

The Chirk Castle and Kimnel Park stages has been revealed, a bit disappointing if you consider how big the place is and how tiny are the spectator areas.
    http://us5.campaign-archive2.com/?u=4f7 ... 7a272a8d12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV5Mq5e ... ata_player

On Sunday, the only way to watch more than one stage is to go to Kinmel Park, which might be a disaster as I see it.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Agreed, we were planning to go to Dyfnant 2 on Sun am, but it would be cutting it fine trying to get to Great Orme afterwards . Unless you only watch the top five cars

Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Talbot
    Agreed, we were planning to go to Dyfnant 2 on Sun am, but it would be cutting it fine trying to get to Great Orme afterwards . Unless you only watch the top five cars
    Is this what they call fan-friendly route? This rally getting worse and worse each year.

Quote Originally Posted by rallyfun
    Is this what they call fan-friendly route? This rally getting worse and worse each year.
    It could have been so different but I suspect they are going for a big financial hit without thought about future sustainability. I posted (can't remember if it was here or on a different forum) as soon as Chirk and Kenmal were announced, that a cursory glance at the OS map showed the limitations of those locations. Now the stage details have been release I think it will be hell for the real fan. Herding into limited designated spectator areas with the prospect of rug rats running around and crashing into you every 5 mins!
    I shall overnight at Dyfnant to take in the Sunday run and by my calculations I can see all the WRC cars (probably only 10 by Sunday) and hopefully Kubica v Evans before leaving to get to Gt Orme in time. It is difficult to see how the World Rally Pass will give value for money as the schedule leaves little time to do more than 1 location on Friday and Saturday. I'm sure some guys may get lucky with the traffic but North Wales' roads on the Sunday Morning could well be hell.

Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfun
    It could have been so different but I suspect they are going for a big financial hit without thought about future sustainability. I posted (can't remember if it was here or on a different forum) as soon as Chirk and Kenmal were announced, that a cursory glance at the OS map showed the limitations of those locations. Now the stage details have been release I think it will be hell for the real fan. Herding into limited designated spectator areas with the prospect of rug rats running around and crashing into you every 5 mins!
    I shall overnight at Dyfnant to take in the Sunday run and by my calculations I can see all the WRC cars (probably only 10 by Sunday) and hopefully Kubica v Evans before leaving to get to Gt Orme in time. It is difficult to see how the World Rally Pass will give value for money as the schedule leaves little time to do more than 1 location on Friday and Saturday. I'm sure some guys may get lucky with the traffic but North Wales' roads on the Sunday Morning could well be hell.
    Agree. I don't get it what was wrong with route from 2005-2010 and why they call this year's route fan-friendly. It's unfriendly in every way and as you pointed not value for money. I wrote last year that some one lost the plot with prices and route, I have seen less people in Dixies than on Sunseekers stages. Also including stages with limited or no access to public ( last years) is just ridiculous as well as Chirk and Kenmal circuit style stages that have nothing to do with rally. Organizers can't simply deliver value for money and quality of stages with easy access and good view, instead they rip you off and catlle in small unatractive zone.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Unfortunately, (or maybe it's a blessing) I can't 'do' the whole event.
    As such, I was looking at Sat & Sun day passes. But the way the stages have been scheduled, as we've already said makes it difficult to get to more than one. Especially on the Sunday.
    At the moment, I'm only thinking about getting day passess for insurance incase a particular planned stage get cancelled.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

WALES RALLY GB: Explore this interactive image, giving you a day-by-day preview of Wales Rally GB 2013:

https://www.thinglink.com/scene/4373...2182529#tlsite