Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Q: a late april fools joke ? Toyota may return to F1 under Lexus banner

Toyota may return to F1 under Lexus banner
    citing recent interviews with Toyota executives and insider sources, Club Lexus says that the move to re-enter F1 for the 2014 season is "all but finalized." The choice to go with the Lexus nameplate over Toyota makes some sense, too, considering the success that rival Infiniti has had in recent years through its partnership with Red Bull Racing. Further, the emerging Lexus identity as a performance car builder, with a strong background in hybrid vehicles, could help the F1 move resonate with buyers.
    http://www.clublexus.com/articles/ne...ne-in-2014.php not sure if it is an april fools joke https://www.google.com/news?ncl=d2vw...=English&hl=en all from to day http://www.google.com/news/url?sr=1&...-f1-racing-bid Toyota may return to F1 under Lexus banner F1 News - Toyota returns to F1 as Lexus Toyota Planning F1 Comeback Under Lexus Name Lexus Heading Into F1?
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Lexus Heading Into F1?

I still haven't found this on any really credible news site yet. I think that Hyundai or Brilliant have more of a chance of entering F1 than Lexus to be honest.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    According to Joe Saward , Honda is coming back into the fold .

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I dont know if its true, but I am gullible enough to get excited thinking about it.

In reality though I would be amazed if this happened. I can however see Honda deciding to start up again. I think they were put out by the success of Brawn after they withdrew.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    It's not a bad timing to make a comeback. McLaren, or even Sauber or Williams could use corporate partner again.

Liked 1,829 Times in 707 Posts
    There are many rumors regarding a McLaren-Honda deal for 2015 and it seems likely to me.

see for example: BBC Sport - McLaren poised to switch to Honda engines for 2015 season

The (Lexus) Toyota thing seems like speculation to me as Toyota is already committed to endurance racing and relaunching a world rally team. Perhaps Lexus could re-brand an engine built by someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If honda comes back then Toyota may well wish to as well. They always seem to do what the other does, ahvin said that Toyota left Indy Car and went to NASCAR, Honda didn't so I guess I just disproved my theory...dohh!!!
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh
    There are many rumors regarding a McLaren-Honda deal for 2015 and it seems likely to me.

see for example: BBC Sport - McLaren poised to switch to Honda engines for 2015 season

The (Lexus) Toyota thing seems like speculation to me as Toyota is already committed to endurance racing and relaunching a world rally team. Perhaps Lexus could re-brand an engine built by someone else.

By several measures, Toyota is the largest car manufacturer, so they could afford to be in more than one top level competition. I think having Lexus F1 team or engine makes sense, since Toyota competes in most other motor sports as "Toyota". Who was building the Toyota F1 engine the last time? They could probably just use the same facility. Of course, they could also contract one of the specialized British engine builders.

I still haven't discovered this on any really reliable information website yet. I think that Cars or Amazing have more of a possibility of coming into F1 than Lincoln to be sincere . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Schmit612
    I still haven't discovered this on any really reliable information website yet. I think that Cars or Amazing have more of a possibility of coming into F1 than Lincoln to be sincere . . . . . . .
    "Surfers Rent A Car
    Cheap Car Hire & Car Rentals in Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast | Surfers Rent A Car
    2/11 Northview Street Mermaid Waters Gold Coast QLD 4218
    Phone: (07) 5572 0600"
    surfers paradise car rentals