Page 1 of 122 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts

ADAC Rallye Deutschland 2013

As I couldn't find yet a proper threahd for WRC Germany 2013 talk, I opened this new one.

Stage names were published yesterday and also the first maps are available on the event site:

Maps - ADAC Motorsport

Timetable I can't find yet. Looking at stage names - Friday, Saturday and Sunday looks a lot like last year. Thursday introduces the new stages for the evening when the rally comes back to Trier area from Cologne's ceremonial start.

This is the first time that the historic city on the Rhine has been chosen to stage the spectacular prelude to ADAC Rallye Deutschland, which is why it was necessary to make a tour of the locations.
    Part of the plan is to get all the contestants together on the historic Butzweilerhof airfield after the transfer from Trier to Cologne. One other site in particular that needed inspecting was Roncalli Platz which is where the show start to the rally will take place in front of thousands cheering fans on Thursday 22nd August. The tour concluded with a visit to the starting point in the harbour area.

Also rally pass price was announced last week. It's now 69 euros. They've dropped the previous years' system with three different level of rally passes, now it's just one with one price.

Any comfirmation will the extra events run as usual?

And of course all rumouring about possible entries outside WRC regulars is welcomed :-)

I visited the event last year for the first time and liked it so much that will return this year too. Everything is booked - also the good weather.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    H, I'm definitely going too - BBQ party?- The rally pass price is one level because they are not running the Porta Nigra SS on the Sunday in Trier this year. Which 'extra events' are you referring to? - the Slowly Sideways Classic rally car demonstration?
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 979 Times in 340 Posts
    The national event will run too. Don't know when and where.

Liked 44 Times in 29 Posts
    In my opinion the schedule is so bad that its not even worth thinking about going there...

Quote Originally Posted by pucky54
    In my opinion the schedule is so bad that its not even worth thinking about going there...
    I wouldn't go there back year after year either, if it stays like this, but I've only just started going.

Apart from the stages themselves, from last year's experience, the whole event was very well-organised all around.

I was referring to Slowly Sideways and the national event.

Liked 979 Times in 340 Posts
    I think we will skip the shakedown and thursday, probably leaving from home friday early in the morning.
    Possibly only going for 2 days or stay one more night for the two stages on sunday.

Liked 1,045 Times in 303 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori
    I wouldn't go there back year after year either, if it stays like this, but I've only just started going.
    Im going to my 11th Rallye Deutschland in a row and like every year i'm really looking forward to it. Especially every vineyard stage offers countless nice places.
    Visiting can only be recommended.

Liked 213 Times in 107 Posts
    it will be my first time there
    Do we know the price of each stage ? And is Stein and Wein a stage in vineyards ?
    And what about Dronthal ? Only one big stage in France in 2010 was a big disappointment for me - because there was too people, and one loop was cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by vino_93
    Do we know the price of each stage ? And is Stein and Wein a stage in vineyards ?
    And what about Dronthal ? Only one big stage in France in 2010 was a big disappointment for me - because there was too people, and one loop was cancelled
    Last year it was 10 euros for single stage except 15 euros for Panzerplatte and the city stage. Don't know how it'll be this year, but it's a fair point if you're not doing all five days.

We stayed near the end of Stein & Wein last year and that part was in the forest. First part of the stage is different, but I suppose it's not traditional vineyard stage. Dhrontal had its parts in the forest too, but also in the vineyards. Last year we stayed in spot where we could see cars approaching and exiting at around four points in the distance and then of course the part in front of us. Last year Sunday was Dhrontal twice and the city stage. It's in big part different audience and there were no problems in the proper stage, so I'd be benumbed if it'd be problems this year.

Liked 1,045 Times in 303 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vino_93
    And is Stein and Wein a stage in vineyards ?
    And what about Dronthal ?
    In Stein and Wein is about 30% in vineyards, Drohntal about 55%.