Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage-sg
    I think Hamilton have exchanged his talent for glamour, but Hamilton's talent is better Rosberg's talent. I think for mercedes need other very fast and talent drivers.
    How so? It's not an either/or proposition, as I see it. So he has a tattoo, ear rings and a hipster/flyboy haircut. And he has (or had) a pop star girlfriend. Successful drivers from previous eras didn't live like choirboys, so why should he? Until I read about him being found passed out in a cheap hotel room with Lindsay Lohan, somewhere in West Hollywood, I say, have all the fun you want to have kid! You're a multi-millionaire near the top of your game, doing what many of us can only dream about doing. It won't last forever. So balance work and play and enjoy the heck out of la dolce vita!

Personally, I'd like to hear about him going after (Princess) Charlotte Casiraghi. Shake up the Monaco royal family (they haven't had a good scandal in awhile) and get a personal Gucci sponsorship at the same time!
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    How so? It's not an either/or proposition, as I see it. So he has a tattoo, ear rings and a hipster/flyboy haircut. And he has (or had) a pop star girlfriend. Successful drivers from previous eras didn't live like choirboys, so why should he? Until I read about him being found passed out in a cheap hotel room with Lindsay Lohan, somewhere in West Hollywood, I say, have all the fun you want to have kid! You're a multi-millionaire near the top of your game, doing what many of us can only dream about doing. It won't last forever. So balance work and play and enjoy the heck out of la dolce vita!

Personally, I'd like to hear about him going after (Princess) Charlotte Casiraghi. Shake up the Monaco royal family (they haven't had a good scandal in awhile) and get a personal Gucci sponsorship at the same time!
    Yeah, members of their royal family have been partial to an F1 driver or two in the past too ya know

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    If it was before, after yesterday it´s no longer. A battle I mean.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    And another problem, Seb will end up whith his fourth on a row. His legacy will be ............

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    There's an interesting article here on autosport

Mercedes warns it will get stronger in second half of F1 season - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

What is most interesting about this article to me is the following comment by Ross:

"It is picking up momentum and starting to move in the right direction. We don't know where the limit is; we are on a journey with Lewis and we don't know where the limits are."
    We are on a journey with Lewis!

Now that's an interesting one. No mention of Nico. It appears as though Ross has decided Lewis is now their number 1 man for the season. That's not too surprising considering Lewis has been pasting Nico lately but still very interesting.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    There's an interesting article here on autosport

Mercedes warns it will get stronger in second half of F1 season - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

What is most interesting about this article to me is the following comment by Ross:

We are on a journey with Lewis!

Now that's an interesting one. No mention of Nico. It appears as though Ross has decided Lewis is now their number 1 man for the season. That's not too surprising considering Lewis has been pasting Nico lately but still very interesting.
    When Hamilton came to MGP, everyone knew that he was going to be de facto nr.1. He simply is faster than Rosberg.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight

Perhaps the interview and the writing of it was done focusing on Hamilton and not the team or Rosberg.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Combined with the new tyres, future Merc development may allow Lewis to have a serious crack at the WDC. However I'm not convinced they have opened up a clear performance advantage over Red Bull just yet. I reckon Hungary would have been a very different race with Vettel snapping at Hamiltons heels if he (Vettel) had not been held up by Button for so long. I guess Spa might tell us more.

If anyone is sure that Merc have opened up a clear advantage and Lewis has a very good chance at the WDC this year, they might feel the betting odds are pretty good right now (currently around 8/1 for Lewis vs 1/4 for Seb!).

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari33
    I reckon Hungary would have been a very different race with Vettel snapping at Hamiltons heels if he (Vettel) had not been held up by Button for so long. I guess Spa might tell us more.
    Lewis disposed of Button quickly. Vettel wasn't able to. Took him 12 laps. Yet, you say: "was held up"
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister
    Lewis disposed of Button quickly. Vettel wasn't able to. Took him 12 laps. Yet, you say: "was held up"

I thought someone would say that. .. and it is a good point to be fair. Are these current 8/1 odds for Lewis winning the WDC this year tempting you? mokin: