Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Looks like Lewis more than has the handle of Nico so far. As good as Lewis is I am surprised that he is so far ahead of Nico considering Nico's been settled with the team for a number of years now. Kudos to Lewis.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    Alonso never won a title in anything but a Renault, Button never in anything but a Brawn, Lewis never in anything but a McLaren, Hakkinen never in anything but a Newey designed McLaren, Mansell never but in a Newey designed Williams, same for Hill and Villeneuve. And Schumacher never won a title in a car that wasn't designed by Rory Byrne. I suppose all of those aren't really that great then??

Schumacher won races at Benetton and Ferrari, went to Ferrari to rebuild the team, Mansell won a lot of races in different cars, Button has won races at BAR, Brawn and Mclaren, Hamilton at Mclaren and now at Mercedes, the list goes on an on. Prost and Senna as well won races with different cars.

Hill and Villeneuve (the boy) were not great drivers.

To me Vettel's greatest race was the one he won in the rain for Toro Rosso, that was something really special, a lot different from dominating with a superior car.

I think you're going to see him at Ferrari pretty soon, just to prove a point.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Except that you didn't get your facts right. The best car for most of last season was the McLaren. Had they not made every mistake in the book when it comes to strategy and pitstops, Vettel would've gotten nowhere near the title and Hamilton would have two by now. And besides, the best car doesn't mean an automatic win - Webber is living proof of that.

Red Bull was far better than McLaren last year. Pacewise too.

That's your opinion, but you have no facts to back it up. If the RB is in a league of his own, Webber must be the most useless chauffeur to disgrace F1 since Jean-Deniz Deletraz if his finishes compared to Vettel are any indication. Comparing drivers, who drive for different teams is a futile exercise to begin with. We can probably agree that Alonso and Kimi are top-notch drivers, but saying that they're head and shoulders above Vettel is devoid of fact. If you take this season - at times the Ferrari and the Merc were better than RB (Hungary, Barcelona), yet he still leads the championship and hasn't finished any lower than 4th. Saying that's the work of the car alone is ridiculous and makes you look like an idiot.
    Red Bull was clearly the best car at Hungary. Only because Red Bull has fools as drivers did they not win that race. Barcelona is probably the only race this year where Red Bull was not fast enough to win.

Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter

To me Vettel's greatest race was the one he won in the rain for Toro Rosso, that was something really special, a lot different from dominating with a superior car.
    Which was the fastest car that weekend. Even someone who sucked in rain like Bourdais was able to get 4th on grid with that car.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker

Red Bull was far better than McLaren last year. Pacewise too.

Red Bull was clearly the best car at Hungary. Only because Red Bull has fools as drivers did they not win that race. Barcelona is probably the only race this year where Red Bull was not fast enough to win.

Which was the fastest car that weekend. Even someone who sucked in rain like Bourdais was able to get 4th on grid with that car.
    Heikki should have won it. He had the faster car.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts

Wink Jense disses The Boss, and Kimi

I guess "Jense" dissed "The Boss"

"I think Fernando's the one to look at to challenge Sebastian. He seems happy with the car and they're making progress."

"I think Ferrari will be strong at Monza [the next race on 8 September] and have a very good chance of winning there. They're stronger now than this time last year and could do very well. The championship's not over."

"It's very difficult for anyone, especially Mercedes. It was cool conditions [in Belgium] which should have suited them."
    However The Boss was philosophical after the race at Spa

"I don't feel it is a kick in the balls,"

Jenson Button: Fernando Alonso the best man to catch Sebastian Vettel | Sport | The Guardian
    May the forza be with you