Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Force India sign long-term Mercedes powertrain deal

Formula 1® - The Official F1® Website
    The long-term agreement will see Mercedes-Benz supply the Silverstone-based team with a complete power unit (engine plus Energy Recovery System), transmission and all associated ancillary systems when Formula One racing adopts 1.6-litre V6 turbo engines in 2014.
    mclaren to honda is looking more likelyhttp://paddocktalk.com/news/html/story-218100.html
    McLaren's long-term relationship with Mercedes is in doubt, amid rumours the famous British team could pair with returning engine supplier Honda from 2015.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Well FI and Mercedes is the least surprising news ever. When they had to choose between Sutil and Bianchi it was also a choice between Mercedes and Ferrari as Sutil is (although not financially) supported by Merc, while Bianchi is obviously a Ferrai man. Anything else than an announcement that Marussia will run Ferrari engines next year would leve me completely speechless and with a lot of egg on my face.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I think Mercedes were always looking at Force India as a potential customer as they offer least threat to Mercedes.

As for Mclaren & Honda it may be tricky at first but its an exciting development.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    Well FI and Mercedes is the least surprising news ever. When they had to choose between Sutil and Bianchi it was also a choice between Mercedes and Ferrari as Sutil is (although not financially) supported by Merc, while Bianchi is obviously a Ferrai man. Anything else than an announcement that Marussia will run Ferrari engines next year would leve me completely speechless and with a lot of egg on my face.
    I'm guessing you are right about the engine supplier for Marussia, however Andy Webb has said that cost is a major consideration in the choice between Mercedes, and Ferrari. Apparently we will be finding out before long, according to Marussia looks to use Ferrari or Mercedes power in 2014 > F1 News > Grandprix.com
    May the forza be with you

With Bianchi in their lineup I think they'll get better conditions from Ferrari. Russia is also a very important market for Ferrari, so they'd be stupid not to take the opportunity

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    May the forza be with you

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I doubt many in Russia take interest in Marussia. Petrov was Russia's real star in F1, and now he is out of the picture. As for Mercedes, it earned a big reputation in Russia even before coming to F1 in the 90s. Russians have a voracious appetite for luxury goods. I think any Russian older than 11 had known since around 1991 that a Mercedes S600 is the true status symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    I doubt many in Russia take interest in Marussia. Petrov was Russia's real star in F1, and now he is out of the picture. As for Mercedes, it earned a big reputation in Russia even before coming to F1 in the 90s. Russians have a voracious appetite for luxury goods. I think any Russian older than 11 had known since around 1991 that a Mercedes S600 is the true status symbol.
    You don't know much about Russia, do you? I lived there for four years, speak the language and Marussia is everything but a historical footnote. First of all it is headed by Nikolai Fomenko, who is a veritable star there and Russians take extreme pride in anything that is "otechestvenniy" (made in the fatherland). Marussia is a huge source of pride over there. After all it is named Marussia - short for Matj' Rossiya (Mother Russia). It's the same as if we Germans would name a car 'the Fatherland' - it certainly isn't ignored.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    You don't know much about Russia, do you? I lived there for four years, speak the language and Marussia is everything but a historical footnote. First of all it is headed by Nikolai Fomenko, who is a veritable star there and Russians take extreme pride in anything that is "otechestvenniy" (made in the fatherland). Marussia is a huge source of pride over there. After all it is named Marussia - short for Matj' Rossiya (Mother Russia). It's the same as if we Germans would name a car 'the Fatherland' - it certainly isn't ignored.
    I just follow the stories and read comments/replies posted in Russian new sites, which should be a good source of fresh information from Russia. Petrov news always caused far more attention from posters than Marussia, at least when Petrov raced agains Marussia. I don't know about the history of Marussia, but in Russian it's called Маруся (a closer Latin transliteration would have been Marusiya). Маруся is just a less common Russian girls name. In Russian, it does not have connection to name "Russia" as the roots are different, but it still has a connection to Russia as Маруся is a Russian name. I guess the official English transliteration was made to contain "Russia", to emphasize the Russian origins of the firm. Now that Petrov is out of picture, perhaps people will pay more attention to Marussia, but I can't imagine the popularity being very high if they keep finishing last. I am curious about the company finances. Running a fresh F1 team can be a big financial sink hole. I wonder if it's a toy project of some anonymous Russian oligarch who prefers to stay out of picture.

Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    I just follow the stories and read comments/replies posted in Russian new sites, which should be a good source of fresh information from Russia. Petrov news always caused far more attention from posters than Marussia, at least when Petrov raced agains Marussia. I don't know about the history of Marussia, but in Russian it's called Маруся (a closer Latin transliteration would have been Marusiya). Маруся is just a less common Russian girls name. In Russian, it does not have connection to name "Russia" as the roots are different, but it still has a connection to Russia as Маруся is a Russian name. I guess the official English transliteration was made to contain "Russia", to emphasize the Russian origins of the firm. Now that Petrov is out of picture, perhaps people will pay more attention to Marussia, but I can't imagine the popularity being very high if they keep finishing last. I am curious about the company finances. Running a fresh F1 team can be a big financial sink hole. I wonder if it's a toy project of some anonymous Russian oligarch who prefers to stay out of picture.
    Where the heck did you pick up that load of bull? Маруся is indeed the Russian (and barely used spelling as 80% of times, the latin spelling is used, even in Russian texts), but they just left out the i and the i-kratkoye as they were inconsequential for the pronounciation. When they launched their Supercar project a couple years back, they explicitely explained the origin of the name as a contraction of Matj' Rossiya. But that's not too important. Anyway, many Russian care about Marussia. That Petrov is a lot more 'important' than Marussia is a given. How many Germans do you think are Mercedes fanbois as opposed to the Vettel brigade?