Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    I agree Knocky, the actual need is very minimal. They do allow weather status, times, etc that are beneficial to the drivers as well as the team, but really other than take away some of the guesswork the only thing they add is more team involvement.

But there is one valid point nobody else has touched on. When the team issues orders, how else to we get to hear all the great snippets of drivers whining like children? Most pit boards won't hold that much info!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'd be OK missing the whineing about why team mates should jump off the track to let them pass (OK, I would miss Kimi's comments laugh: ) if we can see Drivers controlling their race more and force them to manage their own equipment.

Teams will have to quess more about when to pit on tyres and drivers would have to balance their aggression against fuel and tyre wear. Teams might even start fuelling cars to finish races

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    But there is one valid point nobody else has touched on. When the team issues orders, how else to we get to hear all the great snippets of drivers whining like children? Most pit boards won't hold that much info!
    They would just have to start relying more on hand gestures to express their displeasure... some drivers are already well practiced at that

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    This is silly. Why stop at formula 1? Let's ban basketball coaches from being anywhere near the court. Let's ban the boxing coaches during the matches and so on. Fooball coaches, etc. The team radio is exremely important for mapping the tire and overall race strategy. It's stupid to propose the team radio is banned because once a year, actually even less often than that on average, one out of 24 drivers receives a controversial order in just one out of year's 20 races. Stop fooling yourself. F1 is a team sport in and out. If you want a pretension of a driver oriented sport, let's ban custom chassis. Let everyone race a spec chassis and engine, a sort of GP2 on drugs, and _then_ you could argue that we need to have the radio go to make everything mostly depend on the driver.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    I think this means let you team mate through:

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    I think this means let you team mate through :

......Or a motivation to pass
    May the forza be with you

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    This is silly. Why stop at formula 1? Let's ban basketball coaches from being anywhere near the court. Let's ban the boxing coaches during the matches and so on. Fooball coaches, etc. The team radio is exremely important for mapping the tire and overall race strategy. It's stupid to propose the team radio is banned because once a year, actually even less often than that on average, one out of 24 drivers receives a controversial order in just one out of year's 20 races. Stop fooling yourself. F1 is a team sport in and out. If you want a pretension of a driver oriented sport, let's ban custom chassis. Let everyone race a spec chassis and engine, a sort of GP2 on drugs, and _then_ you could argue that we need to have the radio go to make everything mostly depend on the driver.
    Apples and oranges, Sir. Baskeball coaches do not decide, who is allowed to dunk and who's not. I think a ban on team radio would be a good thing. Problem is that it would need changes in many areas. First of all we would need a tire supplier who is actually any good at its job, so we wouldn't have tires that require the team to tell drivers, which lap times they have to do to prevent the things from burning off the rium after 5 laps as opposed to going as fast as possible. Since F1 has turned into an artificially created 'show' of NASCRAP-esque proportions, I don't see that happening as long as the dwarf isn't six feet below sea level.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    what name did I call you?
    and who is the one being immature?
    lol

get a grip
    people like you are a waste of space here. And did you really LOL haha.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    I have it on good authority that Team Red Bull have developed a breakthrough Mental Telepathy system which will be used from the next race onwards. It is called "Middle Finger Salute", which was tested successfully when Vettel passed Webber in Malaysia.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bontebempo
    people like you are a waste of space here. And did you really LOL haha.
    just grow up
    and learn what sarcasm is

nothing in my posts were offensive and there was no name calling
    but "people" like you love to pick a fight for no reason
    especially, when their arguments fall flat on their face

that's the last on this matter for me,
    feel free to continue if you wish but its really not worth my time trying to respond anymore

cheers
    you can't argue with results.