Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Most overrated and underrated F1 drivers.

Seen as a lot of us can't agree about Vettel or Schumacher or even Damon Hill.
    I would like to find out who you think the most overrated F1 Champion and most overrated driver in general plus the most underrated.

Most overrated champion: Jenson Button (good with tyres, good in the wet but not the quickest or best overtaker) was lucky with the Brawn but with 3 season already in a Mclaren he should have got more wins and podiums.

Most overrated Driver: Bruno Senna I still firmly believe it was his Surname that got him into F1. If his name was Bruno Smith would he have got so far?

Most underrated driver: Adrian Sutil class act dosn't get enough credit sometimes. He defiantly deserved the seat for 2013

Most underrated champion: Damon Hill deserved the Williams seat for 1997 he is a class act and Frentzen was a shadow of what the car was able to do.
    He should have been a double champion.
    Supporting the British Drivers all over the world!!!
    BRITISH POWER!!!!!!!

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coulthard Fan
    Seen as a lot of us can't agree about Vettel or Schumacher or even Damon Hill.
    I would like to find out who you think the most overrated F1 Champion and most overrated driver in general plus the most underrated.

Most overrated champion: Jenson Button (good with tyres, good in the wet but not the quickest or best overtaker) was lucky with the Brawn but with 3 season already in a Mclaren he should have got more wins and podiums.

Most overrated Driver: Bruno Senna I still firmly believe it was his Surname that got him into F1. If his name was Bruno Smith would he have got so far?

Most underrated driver: Adrian Sutil class act dosn't get enough credit sometimes. He defiantly deserved the seat for 2013

Most underrated champion: Damon Hill deserved the Williams seat for 1997 he is a class act and Frentzen was a shadow of what the car was able to do.
    He should have been a double champion
    I think Damon Hill was underrated alright but if he had been at Williams in 97 then I feel him and Villeneuve would have taken points off each other and handed Schumacher the 97 WDC.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    I disagree. Button may not be at Senna-esque levels, but he is good at driving cars that aren't quite right. Yes, he lucked into the 2009 championship, but that car was so superior everybody would have and he still had to beat his team mate in the same car, which he quite comprehensibly did. I would say Button is even underrated. What he lacks in raw speed, he makes up with experience, consistency and intelligence. That's the same attributes a certain Mr. Prost was famous for.

Agreed. He had no business in F1.

Agreed.

He should have been a double champion.
    Had a good laugh. Hill was solid, but in normal circumstances had absolutely no business being a world champion in the first place. In '94 Schumacher was DSQ'ed from the British GP and banned from two more races. With three more races to collect points in he still didn't manage to seal the title in the friggin best car on the grid. Yes, Schumacher's shunt at Adelaide was rotten, but any serious driver would have had the title sealed by then. Hill was beaten by a canadian in baggy pants and a German who had three GPs less than him. That's laughable. He was beaten three times in his champion year by Schumacher in a Ferrari that was little more than a very expensive paper weight and the Canadian in the baggy pants took the fight down to the very last race. Without Adrian Newey Hill would have barely seen the business end of a podium.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    Without Adrian Newey Hill would have barely seen the business end of a podium.
    But he did in a Jordan and very nearly did in an Arrows (!) too. Not pretending he was the fastest or most naturally talented driver out there, but as an overall package.. Williams started to go downhill when he left and both Arrows and Jordan took a big upturn whilst he was there. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by RS
    But he did in a Jordan and very nearly did in an Arrows (!) too. Not pretending he was the fastest or most naturally talented driver out there, but as an overall package.. Williams started to go downhill when he left and both Arrows and Jordan took a big upturn whilst he was there. Coincidence?
    I agree with Hungary '97. That was the one race in his whole career where he really shone. Spa 1998 is a different matter. First of all Coulthard had wrecked half the field and if you watch the documentary "Eddie Jordan: Driving Ambition", you'll know that he actually blackmailed his team into giving Ralf Schumacher, who was much faster than him, a team order to stay behind. He threatened to wreck both cars if they wouldn't do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykI39M27y10

Williams downturn didn't begin in 1997. As I recall a Canadian in baggy pants won the title for them this year. Their downturn began when Adrian Newey left and Renault pulled out.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Of today's driver?

Mark Webber by far.

He has had 3 years in what by consensus is the best car on the grid and has managed to Finish 3rd twice in he WDC and 6th.
    Last Sunday he had the lead in the fastest car and still managed to lose.
    Do you think that A Schumacher or Alonso would have trusted Vettel to obey team orders? I know I wouldn't have.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Under rated drivers in my opinion, Ratzenberger and verstappen come to mind (although I await criticism ) more recently Kov and petrov, either of those should have had slash's seat. The hulk is definitely another under rated driver.

As for the over rated drivers, ill have to think....
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Of today's driver?

Mark Webber by far.

He has had 3 years in what by consensus is the best car on the grid and has managed to Finish 3rd twice in he WDC and 6th.
    I'd disagree. To be overrated, first someone has to rate him high to begin with. He is a fine number 2 for RedBull. He is pretty fast and consistent. However, he is slow enough not to get on Vettel's way most of the time. Would have Vettel won WDC if Webber was actually fast enough to challenge Vettel?

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Kerrrriiiist!!!! How many of you don't get it - Webber is every bit as fast as Bieber - his only shortfall is that he is not as much of an arseclown as Bieber. This has been demonstrated time and time again.

Yeah that's why he lost the 2010 championship by getting hopelessly stuck behind a Russian paydriver in a souped up Clio. Face it - Mark is a good driver, but he is no championship material. He had a decade to prove it and he didn't.