Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts

What would a bookmaker say about Malaysia GP 2013?

The top 4 positions at Malaysia may not have been a true reflection of the ultimate car/driver capability.

Should F1 have any obligation to betting markets to maintain the veracity of the result of an F1 race?

I'm pretty sure that a bookie would've been far happier with Webber finishing in first place than Vettel...

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    thankfully, bookmakers are the least of anyone's concerns
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    No sport should concern themselves with gambling.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyzars
    Should F1 have any obligation to betting markets to maintain the veracity of the result of an F1 race?

I'm pretty sure that a bookie would've been far happier with Webber finishing in first place than Vettel...
    I'm pretty sure that bookies can get stuffed, what do they think that the words "**** off" are for?
    I'm also pretty sure that betting is ruining all sorts of sports, what with cricket's spot fixing scandals, spot-fixing in rugby league, rugby union, in the English Premier League.

F1 is under no obligation to betting markets whatsoever. Actually I don't any sport is under any obligation to betting markets whatsoever. It's their fault if people or sports don't get the results they're after; they should have priced that in with the risk. I'm pretty sure that they aint paying any due royalties to the FIA either.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Who cares?

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Team orders are legal, and anybody placing a bet should be aware of that or they're an even bigger mug.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Bookies should be aware of the rules before they accept bets. However artificial team orders are, they are legal at present and allowances can not be made for betting. I'm pretty sure fans are aware when they bet and in that case should know who will take the advantage.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    thankfully, bookmakers are the least of anyone's concerns
    Absolutely. They are bottom of any barrell to scrape in my eyes and I would be more worried about the sport and the fans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    Absolutely agree again. As we have seen Betting ultimately taints every sport. Sport would be better if it only feaured participants and fans. I suppose sponsors have to be in F1 due to money needs, but bookies bring nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    Team orders are legal, and anybody placing a bet should be aware of that or they're an even bigger mug.
    True.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    Here are a few examples of what happens when gambling is ignored.

Match-fixing scandal still raw among Lebanon fans - News | FOX Sports on MSN

Black Sox Scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tim Donaghy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyzars

I don't think this is necessarily true. Legitimate sports books set odds to entice betting for underdogs as well as favorites in hopes of getting money bet for as many drivers as possible. These odds are stacked in "The House's" favor. Vettel was a prohibitive favorite in Malaysia, and his odds were not very appealing. Plus sports books sell off bets to other books if they have too much bet on one side/event/competitor. These books will continue to change the odds as money goes down on one event/driver untill it is either too prohibative, or they will just take it off the board, (refuse to take bets) before they resort to selling off bets by betting that money at another book/s
    May the forza be with you