Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Team Orders

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Well according to Hamilton, Nico speaks 7 languages so he must be well travelled. Nico had the upper hand on Lewis during their early teens because he could speak to most international journalists after their karting events. It was mentioned in an interview during the last race that Lewis was often the butt of jokes when Nico would say he had said something to one journalist in say Italian, when in fact it was something completely different. Hamilton of course only speaks English, perhaps American too by now lol
    Trust me, give it two years and Lewis will speak German, too Mercedes seems to put some importance in that. Well that and the fact that many of my compatriots speak with such an atrocious accent that Lewis will find it preferable to listen to them in German *lol*
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    Trust me, give it two years and Lewis will speak German, too Mercedes seems to put some importance in that. Well that and the fact that many of my compatriots speak with such an atrocious accent that Lewis will find it preferable to listen to them in German *lol*
    Perhaps he will yeah. Saying that most of the work force in Brackley is British but for marketing trips to Germany it would be a huge advantage for him no doubt.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Perhaps he will yeah. Saying that most of the work force in Brackley is British but for marketing trips to Germany it would be a huge advantage for him no doubt.
    One thing that will definitely happen is Lewis starring in Mercedes comercials. They did it with Erja and Mika Häkkinen back in the day and some of them were absolutely hilarious. Hearing Mika speak German with that finnish accent *lol* and i mean that in a good way.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    One thing that will definitely happen is Lewis starring in Mercedes comercials. They did it with Erja and Mika Häkkinen back in the day and some of them were absolutely hilarious. Hearing Mika speak German with that finnish accent *lol* and i mean that in a good way.
    Yeah he'll do more adverts for them I'm sure.

Of course Lewis has already done TV adverts for Mercedes in his role at McLaren:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLkYxEuH4IQ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Got to get me one of these

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    No. If the team orders their drivers that there are no team orders then that too is a team order. :P
    I don't understand. Why would a team order their drivers there are no team orders if there are no team orders? and then you tell me that is a team order! which contradicts the no team orders arrangement.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    there is a way to punish vettel stick him in a toro rosso for a race red bull would still get points with one of the toro rosso drivers
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I don't like team orders, but I understand them. If I was paying huge sums of money to run a team, I would not want any form of risky behavior to compromise my cars/drivers/points/money from Bernie.

I can live with team orders a lot better than I can live with crappy, self-disintegrating tires that really make the "racing" artificial.
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't see a difference between team orders and race fixing. And there can only be one punishment for race fixing...
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    The benefits for winning the Constructors' Championship are huge. The money is huge, the attraction for endorsements are huge, and the pit lane position is great also. Besides they get people to buy and drink that Red Bull goop.

Why wouldn't Horner have team orders? It is legal now, and with those crappy tyres and no refueling, it's the way to go.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout