Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Orders

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I hate team orders but it's a necessary part of the sport so long as there are two championships. If Vettel/Webber or Hamilton/Rosberg had crashed fighting each other today, they'd have lost invaluable points.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Its funny that although all of todays action leaves a nasty taste in the mouth, it actually adds an edge to F1 I think.

Imagine in China if the Red Bulls Lock out the Front row. Not many would miss that charge to Turn 1.

F1 as we know is always throwing up strange and alarming situations, but F1 thrieves on action and incident.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    As long as there are teams then team orders must be permitted. If you want team orders to be banned then you must first limit teams to running only one car.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13

The teams put up the money and pay the drivers and it is a team sport.
    The teams get their money from advertisers (sponsors). The advertisers sign on based on how the team has performed in the past. Front running teams garner those advertises willing to pay to be up front in the races. Those same advertisers also want drivers that have name recognition and will be good spokesmen for the advertisers products.
    No doubt, a lot of people have to do a good job to put the car on the grid.

But, team orders still SUCK. With team orders it's no longer a sport because the best driver on that team that day didn't finish in a position based on merit. Instead it's all just advertising and politics.
    The secret to winning races: More Throttle, Less Brake.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    As long as there are teams then team orders must be permitted. If you want team orders to be banned then you must first limit teams to running only one car.
    well, that was my point....

Problem is that as i said, drivers are extremely competitive. Otherwise they are not where they are.

I know how I would feel if told to obey some team order that kept me from winning.

Hell, when I coached girls volleyball and they were ten years old girls---when it came to team orders, they would fight about who got to start and even who got to serve first.....and they stayed that way until they graduated from high school--

Set that aside, it is a sorry state of affairs in F1, that even if we set aside egos, we must have team orders.

Why? Listen to the radio transmissions carefully. The issues with fuel and tires mandate that cars go not as fast as possible, but slow as possible.

otherwise they run out of both.

When webber was passed by vettel, he was on the slower tire compound, not the faster one like vettel, and both were running out of fuel.

This is as why the lead car tends to run in front of a group, because the leader can not just go as fast as possible because otherwise, he will run out of tires and/or fuel.

I say bring back refueling and let them race as fast as possible........
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Bring it on

Who would think that we would have another Senna vs Prost war again in this wonderful world of F1?

Bring it on, I say!! Bring it on!! At least it will keep me awake.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    No fan wants to see an artificially controlled race, but its also a team sport. I think team orders work well for any team as long as both drivers are in agreement. Nico complied and after the race didn't appear bitter about the events. Its not something I want to see regularly from Mercedes as like any fan I want to see actual racing, especially from my favourite drivers. In the case of Red Bull I think yesterday demonstrated Vettel is fine with team orders as long as they go his way. We can give examples of Webber 2 years ago until the cows come home, but this situation really should be fully understood by both drivers by now. For team orders to work, they need full cooperation from everyone involved.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Mark Webber will take some time out and go surfing. On reflection, I think this is more an issue with Horner than the drivers. Dealing with this in a mature manner will be telling on Horner - maybe he will trade drivers with Mercedes or McLaren, or Ferrari. I try to be serious, but cannot help but jest. I need help!!

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Out of Vettels three Championships two wnt down to less than 10 points. Did they really think that he's going to give away 7 free points in the second bloody race of a season to a driver who was everything but helpful in last year's finale? What the heck were RB thinking??
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Good point!! It has been described as a poisonous relationship. On that, I have to agree.