Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
    Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faster69
    look, the ferrari would have been on pole if alonso didn't make two big mistakes on his final run. are you arguing against this?
    Yes. The Merc at the hands of Rosberg simply was faster.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i think the mercedes was the second best car. great lap by rosberg to beat alonso -- who was in the faster car.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Have you met Gary Walker.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    Vettel strikes me more like a driver like Prost. He gets home reliably where the car allows him to.
    Seriously? I've always thought of Vettel like a Senna-esque driver. He seems to be the kind of guy who can put in a scintillating lap when he needs to. He's obviously a very complete driver; he knows how to manage his tyres and all that kind of stuff, but I think that what defines him is his speed over one lap.

If I need to compare the current drivers to Prost, I think Alonso is the closest one, and even so, like we say in Spain, it's like comparing eggs and chestnuts. I don't think Alonso is as cerebral as Prost is, but they obviously have a thing for being really fast while working like a calculator. Of course, there is also Button but, quite frankly, I think he is too slow to be compared to Prost. Alonso, like Prost, don't have the raw speed the likes of Vettel and Hamilton might have, but they make/made up by being cleverer and using every little thing they could find to their advantage.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Please enlighten me how Damon won his title in a lottery?!? He won by being the best driver over the course of the year the same goes for Jaques!
    These two drivers are some of the best around so don't give me all that crap about luck!

It also proper annoys me how people say Lewis was lucky in 2008 no he wasn't not one bit, he passed Glock to win the title by choosing the right strategy when it started chucking it down!

Lets be honest Damon and Jaques would destroy most drivers nowadays!
    Supporting the British Drivers all over the world!!!
    BRITISH POWER!!!!!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No world champion is mediocre!
    I can't stand Schumacher but admit back In the day he could be untouchable.
    Vettel is the same put him on pole and there's a massive chance by lap 3 he will be out of DRS reach!
    You have to admire someone who can be that quick, sure it would be good to see him fight from the back to see some more overtakes from him to give him a proper judgement.
    Overall I think the best drivers around at the moment are
    Hamilton, Vettel, Alonso, Kimi.
    Then Mark and Nico.
    Supporting the British Drivers all over the world!!!
    BRITISH POWER!!!!!!!

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coulthard Fan
    Please enlighten me how Damon won his title in a lottery?!? He won by being the best driver over the course of the year the same goes for Jaques!
    These two drivers are some of the best around so don't give me all that crap about luck!
    Both Hill and Villeneuve had utterly superior cars in 1996 and 1997 with absolutely no competition at all and they still managed to lose races to Schumacher in a Ferrari that was an absolute dog, especially in '96. Both of them did very little afterwards. Hill was brilliant in Hungary 1997 and won in Spa '98, but that was achieved by blackmail. Apart from that he was just mediocre and suffered the ultimate humiliation of being beaten by Ralf Schumacher. Jacques did even less - he was just crap after he wasn't in the best car anymore.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Well I will side with Garry on these issues. Alonso is by far the best driver in F1.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Well I will side with Garry on these issues. Alonso is by far the best driver in F1.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There is no doubt that Vettel is one of the greatest drivers in the world right now...Most of the best drivers have always had the best car so its unfair to say that he is only good because of the car he is in. Yes he makes mistakes on track and off track, but so do all drivers. No one has ever been perfect and a little bit of ruthlessness has probably helped most of the top drivers to greatness.

Bad drivers in good cars don't last long in the sport as they tend to put in very poor performances and are usually replaced quickly.

As for who is better between Alonso and Vettel....well currently I would say Vettel is in better form but I still don't think Alonso has yet to find his real best at Ferrari and when he does he could be unbeatable.