Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think this summs it up very well ^^

That Seb is a very good driver is not in discussion (for most people) but is he one of the very best?

In my opinion, he's flawed and will go a similar way to Schumacher. However, where Schumacher had great raw talent and thrust his way forward, Seb seems more capable of getting the car to perform to the maximum. More of a Prost type of approach than a Senna.

When the Red Newey is equal with a couple of other cars, we might see a more eratic Seb and some questionable tactics and driving. I think he's going to struggle when Alonso and Hamilton are sniffing his lunch.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    When the Red Newey is equal with a couple of other cars, we might see a more eratic Seb and some questionable tactics and driving. I think he's going to struggle when Alonso and Hamilton are sniffing his lunch.
    And, when that happens, he will throw his toys out of the pram in a way that Alonso doesn't and Hamilton seems to be learning not to do.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I don't think there's any comparison between the move today and the Schumacher/Barrichello incident. The latter went beyond the bounds of acceptability.
    Webber showing his displeasure: Webber cuts up Vettel | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    He's done it before.

This time last year he threw his toys and blamed Narain Karthikeyan for being in the way even though he couldn't overtake properly an swiped infront of Karthikeyan.

2010 Chinese GP he had the audacity to intimidate Hamilton in pitlane.

2010 Turkish GP he didn't like being squeezed by Webber and veered towards his team mate and collided. Blamed Webber via the hand signal for 'crazy', protected by team and since Marko has been sucking off Seb in public.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    He's done it before.

This time last year he threw his toys and blamed Narain Karthikeyan for being in the way even though he couldn't overtake properly an swiped infront of Karthikeyan.

2010 Chinese GP he had the audacity to intimidate Hamilton in pitlane.

2010 Turkish GP he didn't like being squeezed by Webber and veered towards his team mate and collided. Blamed Webber via the hand signal for 'crazy', protected by team and since Marko has been sucking off Seb in public.
    He also tried to squeeze Alonso against the pit-wall at Hockenheim '10 at the start and ended up losing many positions when Alonso didn't yield. He wouldn't accept blame. The same year at Silverstone he tried a similar tactic on Hamilton going into the first corner and slashed his rear tyre on Hamilton's front wing before sending himself to the back of the grid. We could also mention Suzuka '11 on Button. He has a history of being overly aggressive when racing alongside other drivers and is lucky its just ignorance that has been the outcome. So far.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djparky
    There are very few drivers who can win WDC's without having the best car- Alonso almost did it last year, Schumacher in 1995, Prost in 1986 managed it as well- I guess you could argue that Button did that as well- the Brawn was far from the best car from about mid 2009...but in general the driver with the best car has won.
    I would add Kimi in 2007 to that list. The McLaren was a lot better than the Ferrari, but Alonso and Hamilton lost quite a lot of points in their intra-team war, while Kimi lol'ed all the way to the title. The 1995 Benetton was actually not that far from the Williams. 1994 was a much bigger achievement, but it is clouded by how it ended.

Quote Originally Posted by djparky
    the real test for Seb will be when he doesn't have that car under him- unless he leaves RBR or Adrian Newey leaves we'll never know
    He might have shot himself in the foot in that regard on Sunday as a driver, who doesn't accept team orders unconditionally is not really an attractive prospect for other teams.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    F1 Malaysian GP 2013 - Sebastian Vettel On Disobeying Team Orders - YouTube

Isn't it funny how people like use the word "truth" when they are spewing out blatant lies?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You don't half talk some rubbish byte disaster! I would love to find out where you get your "facts" from! The 2007 Ferrari was on par with the Mclaren it wasn't a lot slower as you claimed.
    Supporting the British Drivers all over the world!!!
    BRITISH POWER!!!!!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Vettel should have just said "I'm racing for a world title, Mark is going to be a close rival, I'm not going to lose points when a title is on the line" the Andy Priaulx phillosophy get as many points as possible early don't let anybody get a head start
    BRITISH POWER!!!!!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's the annoying apology that winds me up! I'm not a fan of Mansell but you could never imagine him with his tail in between his legs apologising.
    BRITISH POWER!!!!!!!