Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts

How good is Vettel?

Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Yeah full credit to Nico too. He was robbed a bit and its down to Lewis to up his game in the next few weeks. Red Bull and Merc have arguably the strongest pairings on the grid after that race.
    Ferrari and Mercedes have far better drivers than RB does.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Ferrari and Mercedes have far better drivers than RB does.
    I don't think there is a great deal in it between those three but Red Bull have a strong line up nonetheless. Webber is feisty but inconsistent and for Seb you don't win 3 WDCs being weak. You have to deliver and in this race Mark was the best out there IMHO.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    and for Seb you don't win 3 WDCs being weak.
    No you get really lucky to win 3 titles if your Seb.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

and for Seb you don't win 3 WDCs being weak. Y.
    Yes, you do when your car is by far the best 4 years in row.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Sorry Garry, but Vettel is on course to becoming an all-time legend of F1. Of that I have no doubt about any more. And he is just 25 years old, while drivers usually hit their primes in their early 30's, when they have combination of both great sporting form and experience to really deliver the results. All I can say is that good luck in following F1 for the next ten or more years.

I don't think there is any doubt Vettel is a very talented racing driver. It's not all car speed but car advantage is always going to he an aid. You have to be able to convert at the same time and Vettel is usually cool under pressure which is why he's won so many IMO. I'm still no fan of the guy.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Sorry Garry, but Vettel is on course to becoming an all-time legend of F1. Of that I have no doubt about any more. And he is just 25 years old, while drivers usually hit their primes in their early 30's, when they have combination of both great sporting form and experience to really deliver the results. All I can say is that good luck in following F1 for the next ten or more years.
    Dont poke the Bear.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Legend? LOL.
    He is not even a top 3 driver on the grid currently, the only thing he has going for him is the fact that Red Bull is such a fantastic car and has been for so long. Has any other driver in their career been so blessed at such young age with such fantastic cars for so long? The answer is a clear no. The only thing he is legendary for is bitching and crying and we can now add backstabbing to that. The real joke is that he was taken to the last race in both 2010 and in 2012 against Alonso in cars that he should have sealed the title with 3 races to go. Had you had a proper champion like Alonso or Hamilton or Kimi in that Red Bull the seasons would have been over with far earlier.

I doubt many will agree with you on this one Garry but you're entitled to your opinion of course. Quite how you interpret things is something we will all have to remain in the dark on I think.

I doubt many will agree with you on this one Garry but you're entitled to your opinion of course. Quite how you interpret things is something we will all have to remain in the dark on I think.
    What do you disagree with? That RB has been the car to have since mid 2009? That it has been the fastest car in most races, not to mention qualis since then?
    That Hamilton and Alonso have rarely had a car as good as RB? That Alonso was able to take the championship to last race in a car that was far slower than the Red Bull in both 2010 and in 2012?