Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL
    After reading this I'm going to concur with those giving Button an honourable mention:
    Malaysian GP: McLaren says Button's pitstop mess was human error - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

I was reserving judgment on his performance because I suspected he might have been to blame for launching too soon from the pit stop. On the TV coverage you could see a couple of red lights on the back of the traffic light panel as he left the pits. But according to Martin Whitmarsh he got a green light for 0.12 seconds and immediately reacted to it. So all in all a good performance from a guy who supposedly can't do well in a car that's less than perfect.
    I'll guess it was the person who waved him off. The wheel man on the failed wheel was obviously not ready when the car was released, and immediately crossed his arms to clarify that he wasn't. I'm not sure who made the bad call but it was without doubt one of the crew. Shame Jenson got far enough to inflict more serious damage before they got it sorted. Had they caught it right at the release they might have salvaged his race.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Kimi - not this time Bot Seb and Mark was fast and consistent but they will not get my vote this time. I will give it to Nico, he kept his powder dry to the latter part of the race and deserved the third spot. Nico is a fast and clever driver.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01
    Kimi - not this time Bot Seb and Mark was fast and consistent but they will not get my vote this time. I will give it to Nico, he kept his powder dry to the latter part of the race and deserved the third spot. Nico is a fast and clever driver.
    I agree absolutely. He was very likeable, and seemed to be a very nice team player. He is a great value and an enormous treasure for Team Mercedes. Hope he will be more lucky and successful on the subsequent races...