Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    Read Gary Walker's posts in the Malaysian GP thread and you'll know what all out hate and nationalism looks like.
    Garry is quite unique in how he directs his support. I couldn't accuse him of being nationalistic though as he has never confirmed his own nationality on here. He certainly isn't British. Sorry OT.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Garry is quite unique in how he directs his support. I couldn't accuse him of being nationalistic though as he has never confirmed his own nationality on here. He certainly isn't British. Sorry OT.
    Well, he has very fond words for Vettel, Rosberg and Sutil though. More than for any other driver and since all three of those happen to be of teutonic origin it leads me to believe that he actually has a bit of a problem with ze Fatherland. I've been around here for almost 12 years (with longer breaks due to heavy illness) and the things I've been exposed to just because of my nationality defy belief, which is why I may be a bit oversensitive in that area. Thankfully in recent years it has much improved. Back in the early 'naughties' being called a Nazi was not that uncommon a thing.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

I've been here 5 years with over 7,000 posts and have never seen anyone being too provocative due to nationality. I myself have had my opinions judged because I'm British but that's always going to happen if someone's argument is failing. Same when its directed at you. Garry may well just dislike those drivers and the connection may be purely coincidence? Best not to dig too deep into it.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I once got called racist for not liking the new shape Mini. Go figure.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    I once got called racist for not liking the new shape Mini. Go figure.
    Is that the BMW 1 series made in Cowley Dave? lol After flipping an original Mini I sort of went off them, perhaps I was racist against my own country?

Back OT so is it Vettel or Alonso who are official Donkeys?

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I've been here 5 years with over 7,000 posts
    Dont you mean 5 years and 491 posts.

and have never seen anyone being too provocative due to nationality. I myself have had my opinions judged because I'm British but that's always going to happen if someone's argument is failing. Same when its directed at you. Garry may well just dislike those drivers and the connection may be purely coincidence? Best not to dig too deep into it.

Agree totally and I think to defend Garry, he is a big Schumi fan. Who happens to be German.

As for hating Vettel - He might just not like the guy.

Sutil - As good a driver as he is, he might just not be keen on Slasher. Afterall despite the lack of clarity on his glass smashing incident. It is not something which makes you think highly of him.

As for Nico. I dont know maybe Garry is bald and is jealous of Nico's golden locks.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    I have to dig in and say from my recollection Garry is one of the most devout Schumi fans out there, so I highly doubt his extreme dislike of Vettel stems from his nationality

Sent from the moon using a shoe
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Had Barichello and Massa continued to collect titles after Senna, we might have had a Brazilian hate-fest by now
    Nonsense. If that had happened there would not have been a "Brazilian hate-fest" because both Barrichello and Massa are likeable characters, not ruthless and cynical as Schumacher was in his first career.
    Which is also a large part of why they didn't rack up a long run of consecutive Brazilian titles of course.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    . Read Gary Walker's posts in the Malaysian GP thread and you'll know what all out hate and nationalism looks like.

Well, he has very fond words for Vettel, Rosberg and Sutil though. More than for any other driver and since all three of those happen to be of teutonic origin it leads me to believe that he actually has a bit of a problem with ze Fatherland. I've been around here for almost 12 years (with longer breaks due to heavy illness) and the things I've been exposed to just because of my nationality defy belief, which is why I may be a bit oversensitive in that area. Thankfully in recent years it has much improved. Back in the early 'naughties' being called a Nazi was not that uncommon a thing.
    I would never call you a nazi, but based on this very last post, I could call you paranoid and very likely drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13
    Agree totally and I think to defend Garry, he is a big Schumi fan. Who happens to be German.

As for hating Vettel - He might just not like the guy.

Sutil - As good a driver as he is, he might just not be keen on Slasher. Afterall despite the lack of clarity on his glass smashing incident. It is not something which makes you think highly of him.
    Oh why oh why do you make sense and ruin Bobo's dream of seeing hatred of germans everywhere.

As for Nico. I dont know maybe Garry is bald and is jealous of Nico's golden locks.
    "signature room for rent"