Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    PS: Malaysia 1999 is on Sky F1 right now
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

DĂ*o t?o lái xe Ă´ tĂ´ uy tĂ*n, bao d?u. LH: 0937.85.9665

This season is off to a great start. Can't wait to see what Malaysia has in store for us... Alonso is going to be fighting for it.

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LAPIZTA
    This season is off to a great start. Can't wait to see what Malaysia has in store for us... Alonso is going to be fighting for it.
    Don't ban me Jens, this one's talking sense!
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbetty
    Don't ban me Jens, this one's talking sense!
    Yes, but I think Naomi may be lost. :
    May the forza be with you

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I know its as useful as a chocolate fireguard but the weather on the Beeb says the usual showers (monsoon) late in the day on Friday and Saturday and Rain most of the day Sunday.

But it nearly always says that but its whether it will miss the race or be like 2001/2009
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13
    I know its as useful as a chocolate fireguard but the weather on the Beeb says the usual showers (monsoon) late in the day on Friday and Saturday and Rain most of the day Sunday.

But it nearly always says that but its whether it will miss the race or be like 2001/2009
    BBC Weather : Kuala Lumpur
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13

As long as it doesn't rain as hard as 2009 I think it'll be fine. A bit of rain spices Malaysia up

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    So let's start with memories again.

Eddie Irvine winning the first Malaysian Grand Prix definitely sticks to my memory. Schumacher dominated the qualifying by a full second. On those days I was very nervous before races, but Ferrari played the strategy beautifully to get Eddie in front. And Stewarts were fast, 4th and 5th. And I also instantly liked the Sepang circuit. One of my favourites till now.
    I still remember that race like it was yesterday. Schumacher drover the slowest race he possibly could and still was leading before leaving Irvine through. He did two stops to Irvine's 3 stop strategy. Schumacher backed Hakkinen up and allowed Irvine to jump Hakkinen in the pit stops. Hakkinen came out after the race saying it was the hardest race he had ever drove because Schumacher's driving was totally erratic in that he didn't know when Schumacher was going to break for a corner and he was breaking at different points every lap which made overtaking him impossible. This was all strategy by Schumacher to keep Hakkinen behind. I remember Ron Dennis coming out after the race saying that he felt the Ferrari's tires looked like slicks. I can't remember if they protested or not but if they did it was thrown out anyway.

Still, as far as I'm concerned, the true winner of that GP weekend has to be Michael Schumacher. Pole by 0.9 of a second, drove the slowest race he could and still could have won. Lets not forget either that it was his first race back after breaking his leg. He was mega. Still simply the greatest driver of all time, in my opinion. In those days he was just a class above everyone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    As long as it doesn't rain as hard as 2009 I think it'll be fine. A bit of rain spices Malaysia up
    Its pouring here now in KL, the usual tropical thunderstorm at this hour in the evening
    d24-rally.blogspot.com