Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Kimi, obviously, and honourable mentions to Sutil and Vergne.

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbetty
    I don't know, I missed much of the race, having stayed up all night to watch it...
    This is exactly what happened at Suzuka '98... All that anticipation, staying up the whole night, even enduring the Coronation St omnibus, only to doze off for a good section halfway through. When I woke up, I was all dozey and could see a Ferrari parked off the track. Totally missed that moment...
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

A few other mentions

Sergio Perez - In truth, I only really noticed cos he's my FGP driver, but he finished just over a second behind Button today and was harrying Grosjean who was driving a winning car.
    Jules Bianchi - I was gonna say this but someone else beat me to it, which I'm happy with. Marussia have done well too, only 1 lap down with no safety car. I want to find out how close they were to the others in front. If only they could get some money and develop, that car could actually do pretty well!
    Adrian Sutil - after all I said about di Resta beating him, Sutil comes back after a year away and promptly beats di Resta. He was only really behind the Scot when it got wet in quali.
    Felipe Massa - 4th not at all bad considering he got stuffed by his team.
    Fernando Alonso - I want Kimi to get the title, but Alonso deserves to finish ahead of Vettel in the WDC. Really hoping for this.
    Jean-Eric Vergne - Most fancied Ricciardo to be the better driver, but JEV had the legs on him all weekend.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Jules Bianchi - I was gonna say this but someone else beat me to it, which I'm happy with. Marussia have done well too, only 1 lap down with no safety car. I want to find out how close they were to the others in front.
    With about 3 laps to go he was 49 seconds behind Bottas. So probably ended about 55 behind. He was just about to be lapped for a second time as he went into turn 1 as Kimi crossed the line
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    . I want to find out how close they were to the others in front. If only they could get some money and develop, that car could actually do pretty well!
    Adrian Sutil - after all I said about di Resta beating him, Sutil comes back after a year away and promptly beats di Resta. He was only really behind the Scot when it got wet in quali..
    Well, Slasher had the advantage of starting on medium tyres, not the joke SS tyres. So he was on a much better strategy than PDR. In the end they were 2 seconds apart.
    "signature room for rent"

Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13
    With about 3 laps to go he was 49 seconds behind Bottas. So probably ended about 55 behind. He was just about to be lapped for a second time as he went into turn 1 as Kimi crossed the line
    That works out at 0.9sec, not too shabby. Also, his average pace from winner Kimi would be around 3.1sec, which ain't bad either.

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    I missed half the race as well (and it was noon here), but I do have a new master to whom I must now bow :

Still from what I saw, Kimi was cool as usual. A worthy winner.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Quote Originally Posted by Storm
    I missed half the race as well (and it was noon here), but I do have a new master to whom I must now bow :

Still from what I saw, Kimi was cool as usual. A worthy winner.
    Kimi has really impressed me. James Allen was talking about how Kimi looks fitter than he maybe ever has been. It looks like Kimi is taking this season very seriously and applying himself. He looks like he really believes he could have a chance. If he carries on like this he will win me over.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Kimi has really impressed me. James Allen was talking about how Kimi looks fitter than he maybe ever has been. It looks like Kimi is taking this season very seriously and applying himself. He looks like he really believes he could have a chance. If he carries on like this he will win me over.
    Kimi is now a real threat: he's clearly always had a huge talent, but now he seems to have the mindset, experience, and the equipment to go with it.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kimi was obviously the driver of the race, with Sutil deserving a special mention.
    “Leave me alone!”