Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    I couldn't actually pick one driver after this race. Raikkonen, Alonso, Massa, Sutil, Vergne, Bianchi..... All shone in the race IMO.

Fantastic to see Kimi back on the top step again, I hope its his year

A little disappointed to see Ferrari shaft Massa good and proper with the pit stops to get Alonso ahead. We know in the long term it'll be Fred who takes the title challenge to the others but Massa had a really good race and had the measure of his team mate on this occasion. Sutil showed what a great choice it was for Force India to bring him back. Although he finished a place ahead of his team mate he was in a different class yesterday. Nice to have him back too

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    I can't decide whether it was a great drive/win.

Kimi said it was an easy win.

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veeten
    And, once again, diMontezmolo gets to look the fool for sacking the only driver to have won the WDC for Ferrari in the post-Schumacher era by winning the opening race. Said it before, and will say it again: never should've let him go.
    I love Kimi (especially the second coming) but Luca di's move was precipitated by Kimi getting thoroughly thrashed by Felipe baby, saribro!
    Since money doesn't seem to be a factor for "The Scuds" I'm very pleased that they have Fred leading the team, but that is JMHO
    May the forza be with you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Giacomo Rappaccini
    I love Kimi (especially the second coming) but Luca di's move was precipitated by Kimi getting thoroughly thrashed by Felipe baby, saribro!
    Since money doesn't seem to be a factor for "The Scuds" I'm very pleased that they have Fred leading the team, but that is JMHO
    Yeah, I'm sure Alonso will cough up a WDC sooner or later, like in 2016 or something.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    tareup: Which has what to do with my post?
    May the forza be with you

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Surely Kimi was the man in this race, followed by Sutil..
    I think it's so sad to see how Ferrari still are treating Felippe more or less as a support to Alonso. According to Marca was also Perez (when he was driving for Sauber 2012) asked from Ferrari to take into account Alonso.. It's sad ..

Frmula 1: Sergio Prez: "Ferrari me pidi a menudo que cuidara de Alonso" - MARCA.com
    Two real racers: Vettel the :champion: of 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Kimi the :champion: of 2007

Liked 1,084 Times in 606 Posts
    Sutil with a great drive.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Sutil's drive is definitely a "fairy tale" story of the race. To come back and not spend a moment on acclimating, lead the first race, and beat his own teammate is quite impressive.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    Sutil's drive is definitely a "fairy tale" story of the race. To come back and not spend a moment on acclimating, lead the first race, and beat his own teammate is quite impressive.
    Yup, tbh DiResta was miles away from sutil in this race, for most of it.
    Now in his 3rd year with time to evaluate, I'm not that high on DiResta to be honest.
    I believe he has gotten beat both years by his teammate and Suitl actually finished 9th in the WDC that year, right behind the top 4 teams, pretty much best of the rest.
    in 2012 Hulkenberg was a class apart, and now in 2013, Sutil after a 1 year hiatus, comes back and cleans his clock in the first race.
    diResta is a nice guy. and had solid background coming into F1, but apart from an occasional good result here and there, still is yet to deliver that breakout performance.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    Yup, tbh DiResta was miles away from sutil in this race, for most of it.
    Come on now, they were obviously on different strategies. They were 3 seconds apart at the only point that matters, the chequered flag.