Quote Originally Posted by urabus-denoS2000
I also enjoy Hillclimb very much It has great aspects, like a huge variety of very fast and attractive cars. The downsides are far too many confusing classes and majority of gentleman drivers in the fastest machinery. Hillclimb is not a professional sport, everyone there is a more or less advanced amateur driver (exception being Simone Faggioli- he is the works Osella driver and I think you can see by the results how better he and his Osella are then the competition). I would really love to see this form of motorsport turn professional, with works teams and drivers, as it would be the most attractive and craziest form of motorsport, but unfortunately it is impossible to expect this. Hillclimb attracted manufacturers in the pre-WW2 era .
I understand what you mean. I used to visit the European Championship in Trier. The first time I looked into the programme-magazine there were 25 pages of different classes, all with 5 or less cars. It is impossible to understand.
I used to be a die-hard Rallycross-fan. Until a few years ago that was also an amateur sport. But in there every driver, even the amateur hobbyists had sleek websites often in English. Most of them published PR-reports too. You could find trackguides, results and almost daily news messages on international websites. When I started looking for the same in Hillclimb last year... nothing. I don't understand?? Where are all the Hillclimb fans hiding lol

Hillclimb races close to me (Rechberg, Ilirska Bistrica and naturally the best one- Buzet ) are all very popular with huge amounts of fans and I always spectate them when possible. I would also like to go to Italian round of the championship. If you plan to go to some of these races, feel free to contact me
Yes, I am very much thinking about visiting Buzet this year. Never been to Croatia, would love to visit it. When the time comes I will contact you