Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts

FIA vice-president Carlos Gracia banned for drink-driving

FIA vice-president Carlos Gracia has been banned from driving after he was found to be over the drink drive limit.
    The outspoken Spaniard, who also heads his country's motorsport federation, was reportedly pulled over whilst in the Aragon region late last year where he failed a breath test.
    A Spanish court has now revoked his license for eight months as this is his third driving offence. In 1966 and 2003 he was found guilty of 'dangerous driving'.
    "We all make mistakes, and on that day I made one," said the 72-year-old.
    "The police stopped me, I did not have an accident but my alcohol level was too high."
    The news will not go down well within the FIA which runs its own anti-drinking campaign. Whilst F1 CEO Bernie Ecclestone has recently begun displaying banners at various circuits in support of the campaign.

FIA vice-president banned for drink-driving

Is this really a non-story? I'm surprised to see this has been kept so quiet in the general media. Embarassing for BE?
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    With the FIA's safe driving campaign, you would think that this would be enough to get the sack. But, as sport proves time and time again, logical decisions are rarely the ones taken.
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by millencolin
    With the FIA's safe driving campaign, you would think that this would be enough to get the sack. But, as sport proves time and time again, logical decisions are rarely the ones taken.
    Mr Gracia is Spanish - and, unfortunately, resigning is not part of our culture. I wouldn't expect him to be fired either.

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    The sack or resign? In Spain he'd need to be even more corrupt than the most corrupt of politicians, political party officials, or major businessmen... a mere traffic offense or two? forget it
    As for previous connections between F1 and corrupt Spanish politicians... look into Valencia
    United in diversity !!!