Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SPEED Channel

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Speed TV did not have a good focus. I refuse to believe that there is not enough discerning motorsports fans in the US who would love to pay for a premium cable channel with WRC, WTCC, V8SC, F1, IndyCar, GrandAm, ALMS, and so on available on it. They should have emphasized top level motor sports instead of cheesy shows like "Pimp my Ride" and "Dumbest stuff on wheels". Outside of "once a week" F1, Grand Am, and V8SC programming, the channel was a complete snooze. I am actually glad Speed TV is going away. Sometimes I'd like to watch motor sports from the gym, but my gym's cable does not carry Speed TV even though they have all the sports channels. Hopefully, the good Speed TV content that's worth watching will move onto more accessible channels.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Lee
    I could do without the faster than a redneck, unique whips, monster trucks, etc.
    I find Monster Trucks strangely entertaining. I'd never plan an evening's viewing around it, but I'll sit and watch it if it's on.
    You can shoot me now.
    "A racing car has only one objective: to win motor races. If it does not do this it is nothing but a waste of time, money, and effort" - Colin Chapman

thats good news to me

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvettian
    I find Monster Trucks strangely entertaining. I'd never plan an evening's viewing around it, but I'll sit and watch it if it's on.
    You can shoot me now.
    Kind of like what Jeff Foxworthy said about fishing shows, on one of his CD's, "If you're channel surfing and you run across a fishing show, you WILL watch it, even if for just a few minutes!"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Just learned that both Speed Center and Wind Tunnel have been cancelled. Both will run out their spots on Speed Channel, but in August, when the change takes place, both are gone. I really hate that, I liked both shows, especially Wind Tunnel, as Dave DeSpain offered a unique look at racing, different from other commentators of other shows. Both will be missed.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The problem is so many network decisions are made by 30 yr olds, hired to bring in 'fresh' and 'modern' ideas to desperately try and save ratings as more and more people leave television viewing and go to their computers. So you've got these young kids deciding what everyone should see and you get the utter rubbish.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Everyone is used to free. I don't know if they'd actually pay. You'd think so, but you'd be surprised.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Ronald
    Video link is cool with nice memories. I enjoyed the race and view something unique to which I never seen before.
    Clear view by camera can help better to view the event in detail. Latest cameras can better show the rare shots.

Counting Scale

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: SPEED Channel

I really, really, REALLY wish that Wind Tunnel had lasted a few more weeks so we could have heard Dave's take on MikeyWaltripGate!