Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPEED Channel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

SPEED Channel

Aparently that's going to become FOX Sports 1.

Say Goodbye To SPEED And Hello To Fox Sports 1

Will this mean the end of RU Faster than a Redneck? I sure hope so!
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I hope we won't lose Australian V8 Supercars coverage as a result.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    From what it was during the Speedvision era to now, it's very, very sad what's happened to this channel. Other than F1, Speed has been dead or dying for quite some time. The same thing has happened to SciFi (now SyFy :rolleyes Channel. What with all of the retarded reality TV crap that's on most every channel, this is a real low point in American TV. So here's one more channel that I now don't care if I get any longer. They sure are making my efforts to cut the cable (satellite) much easier with these moves.

Speedvision is dead. Long live Speedvision.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LdIQvlcoqY
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    I hope we won't lose Australian V8 Supercars coverage as a result.
    Adelaide to air March 31 @ 5pm eastern time and Symmons Plains to air April 14 @ 11:30am Eastern on Speed, per their website:

Programs on SPEED - The Motorsports Authority
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    Aparently that's going to become FOX Sports 1.

Say Goodbye To SPEED And Hello To Fox Sports 1

Will this mean the end of RU Faster than a Redneck? I sure hope so!
    True, that is a show that can go. But since they are going to try and knock the king (ESPN) from the throne, we are going to lose a lot of racing specific programming which IMO sucks!
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    lol this video

Quote Originally Posted by Bogador Xp
    lol this video

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I could do without the faster than a redneck, unique whips, monster trucks, etc. Kind of like Stacy Gerzs and My Classic Car. Love Barrett-Jackson. I understand they will keep all the NASCAR programing, which is fine by me, since I am a huge NASCAR fan. I hope they keep V8 SupercarsI have become a fan of it. Hope Speed Center and Wind Tunnel stay. I wish they would cover the Reno Air Races. I care nothing for any kind of formula car, so it it goes, good riddence. What I fear is that since they will be covering football and I presume, other "Stick and ball sports", racing may get prempted. I hope not. Time will tell.

Video link is cool with nice memories. I enjoyed the race and view something unique to which I never seen before.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts

Maybe there is hope... but not for Fox/Speed Channel

Since there will be fewer and fewer reasons for me to even surf by this Fox Sports abomination of a channel going forward, here's a heads-up for other "speed sports" minded viewers: Velocity Channel. On DirecTV, it's channel 281. I've managed to watch it a few times and it's somewhat close to what the old Speedvision (and also the Fine Living Channel) was once upon a time. Hopefully more racing will show up there soon. But for now, Tech Toys 360 and How Stuff Works are great shows. They're acquiring more programming. So hopefully the racing shows that leave Murdoch (along with Wendi Deng? ) will find their way to Velocity, if not NBC Sports.

Velocity (formerly HD Theater and originally Discovery HD Theater) is an American high-definition, commercial-based, cable and satellite television channel owned by Discovery Communications. The channel specializes in nonfictional programming, focusing on expensive cars, sports related shows, and other programming targeted at men ages 25–54.
    My gosh, a (non-retarded) network that focus on men ages 25-54???!!! Is that even legal in the U.S. now?
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith