Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Some would say that the Santander trophies already look like dog turds...
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I agree completely.

As for this museum idea, what sheer, unadulterated arrogance.

Lewis isn't someone who immediately springs to my mind as being arrogant in the fullest sense.. perhaps conceited is a better description?
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Stupidest rule I have ever heard of!
    Completely agree with Lewis you would feel mugged off with some cheap and nasty replica
    Supporting the British Drivers all over the world!!!
    BRITISH POWER!!!!!!!

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    OT:
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    If it was a contractual agreement .....
    Whoever writes a contract has a huge advantage.

Whenever possible, I always made the other guy sign my contract. If that wouldn't fly, I did my best to negotiate changes favorable to me in the other guy's contract.

Obviously, Lewis did get to the point he would no longer sign on McLaren's dotted line.

I suspect issues larger than trophies and helmets defined the tipping point.
    The secret to winning races: More Throttle, Less Brake.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Not at all: DC's was started as a pet project by his proud father back in his early racing career, it was basically a room that he'd occasionally show to interested parties but wasn't open to the public - it grew organically as David became more successful. By contrast, what Lewis is proposing seems like commercial venture, and while I suppose you can't blame the guy for whacking that cash piņata while fame and fortune lasts, I personally think he gets too hung-up on off-track matters and his driving suffers for it.
    Nope, can't see the difference.

Mansell recently opened a car dealership-cum-museum in Jersey. He is my all time hero and fully acknowledge his ego problem. I had more of a problem of the Mansells taking part in Le Mans than the new museum.

Looks like an excuse to bash Lewis.

2011 - yes, he deserved the criticism he got.

Last year he said he was in a "better head space". He still had his entourage but still by far McLaren's best driver though the results and stats didn't show it. It was mainly McLaren/Mercedes who let him down. Little to fault his driving - Valencia and Hockenheim you could point fingers.

Long may this continue then I wouldn't care less about the celebs at the MGP garage, the colour of his plane, whomever wipes his backside after taking dump, etc, etc.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    I absolutely loved how Dennis went ape **** after Prost gave away the Trophy Prost for president. Serves you right, rat-face Everyone, who takes the piss out of Dennis is by definition my friend.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    I thought I was the only one who thought the Santander logo looks like a steaming pile of poo. I guess not... Seriously, who is their ad agency?

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nem14
    Whoever writes a contract has a huge advantage.

Whenever possible, I always made the other guy sign my contract. If that wouldn't fly, I did my best to negotiate changes favorable to me in the other guy's contract.

Obviously, Lewis did get to the point he would no longer sign on McLaren's dotted line.

I suspect issues larger than trophies and helmets defined the tipping point.

Whoever writes a contract only has a huge advantage if the person signing it lacks proper negotiation skills. I've never signed a contract until I negotiated what was required in return for signing it.

I personally agree that it was probably much bigger issues that caused Lewis to leave such a good team. I hope he's not kicking himself later for doing it, but I suspect he just might be.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I agree completely.

As for this museum idea, what sheer, unadulterated arrogance.
    Or perhaps its a way to share his success with his fans and those that appreciate his achievements up until now? If you don't like it, don't visit. Simple as that.