Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts

Mercedes lets Hamilton keep helmets, trophies

AutoRacing1.com - Hot News Page

What ****s McLaren are - not letting drivers keep trophies and their helmets.
    The secret to winning races: More Throttle, Less Brake.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I remember when this first popped up last year. Some people actually thought that McLaren were right in keeping Hamilton's trophies and giving him the replicas! What I find even more ridiculous is the fact that Lewis wants to build a museum to house his trophies. No, really, I'm not lying.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nem14
    AutoRacing1.com - Hot News Page

What ****s McLaren are - not letting drivers keep trophies and their helmets.
    If it was a contractual agreement that Hamilton signed, McLaren are no more at fault than he is. I'm sure they want a long term history, and it somewhat makes sense to me why they would want the original trophies. I'm sure McLaren hopes to be around long after Lewis is gone, and the trophies are part of their racing legacy.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Havent Mclaren always kept every drivers throphy from any podium position?

I dont agree with it, but I believe that has always been the way Mclaren have done it (within reason. i.e as long as I can remember)
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    If it was a contractual agreement that Hamilton signed, McLaren are no more at fault than he is. I'm sure they want a long term history, and it somewhat makes sense to me why they would want the original trophies. I'm sure McLaren hopes to be around long after Lewis is gone, and the trophies are part of their racing legacy.
    I agree completely.

As for this museum idea, what sheer, unadulterated arrogance.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Lewis seems to be going through a phase of believing his brand is bigger than him: painting his private jet red, bringing that ridiculous dog* to races, his celebrity entourage, and now this Senna-esque museum. Save that nonsense for when you're retired from driving, and concentrate on doing the job in hand.

*Nothing against the dog itself, I'm sure it's perfectly fine; it's just the idea of having one as a fashion accessory. On that note, anybody who dresses dogs up or carries them in handbags will be dealt with as soon as I come to power.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    DC has a museum that displays every trophy since karting an is open to the public in Twynholm, Scotland.

I guess that makes the Coulthards a bunch of arrogant p***ks.

At the 1989 Italian GP Prost gave away his bottle champagne and trophy to the Tifosi. Ron The Don went aplopletic afterwards.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    DC has a museum that displays every trophy since karting an is open to the public in Twynholm, Scotland.

I guess that makes the Coulthards a bunch of arrogant p***ks.
    Not at all: DC's was started as a pet project by his proud father back in his early racing career, it was basically a room that he'd occasionally show to interested parties but wasn't open to the public - it grew organically as David became more successful. By contrast, what Lewis is proposing seems like commercial venture, and while I suppose you can't blame the guy for whacking that cash piñata while fame and fortune lasts, I personally think he gets too hung-up on off-track matters and his driving suffers for it.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Lewis Hamilton plans to build a legacy as a great
    "I will die if [Roscoe] does a turd in my plane. I will have to get the whole
    plane changed. I have been renting planes for some time and now I can hop from
    one place to the other without complications.
    i guess he needs podium finishes to get trophies or use the turds as trophies
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’