Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
Avoiding gp tracks altogether would be a good start, they are too wide and the straights are too long for 300hp tintops, they need more narrow and twisty tracks relative to the F1 style circuits. The majority of the success of the BTCC I believe is down to the quality of the tracks which are largely suited to the size and power of the cars
You could say the same for the old Hockenheim or Paul Ricard - I would even add Road America and Cleveland Burke Lakefront Airport's wide runways. The straights seemed far too long for contemporary F1 cars let alone DTM or Super Tourers and not necessarily a detriment - some races you had the cars strung out or a slipstreaming dog fight.

Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
I've never really agreed with this view, for I think it depends on the F1-style circuits in question. With a lot of them, I take the point. However, the Silverstone GP circuit was always great for BTCC cars in the Super Touring days, so there's no reason it wouldn't be for today's BTCC and WTCC machines.
You clearly haven't been to Silverstone recently. It's too awkward for the spectator.

For one thing I think the track is too long for 20min races.

BTCC likes to market itself as family friendly but you have to catch a bus to the 'fan zone' and Wing - there's no pedestrian tunnel which is urgently needed. Personally I think the 'fan zone' is a joke. Its very small and feels cramped compared to the expanse of Woodcote.