Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: WRC4

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Astro83
    ...But if Milestone bring all the things in the poll + some more autentic futures + realistic and autentic futures on all stages, then Milestone can for once be near to make a true and good rallygame!
    They brought quite many things of last year's poll about WRC3, so I think they will take Into serious consideration this one too

Liked 22 Times in 8 Posts
    Weren't they talking about that iOpener technology where you could race against the times of the WRC drivers already for WRC2? That never happened did it? And concerning Codemasters, it's now soon two years ago since DIRT 3 was released, so by now it should be time for some news.
    Rally driver in the Norwegian Rally Championship.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Voted for better sounds and more varied stages! They better listen!

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    Voted for better sounds and more varied stages! They better listen!
    Me too. More varied stages is the most important for me, it's so boring when you do a rally and keep going over the same piece of stage.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 1,243 Times in 675 Posts
    I still think the Evolution Studios WRC games were superior - especially 2, 3, and 4. The current Milestone games are below standard - a new developer is really needed.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    I still think the Evolution Studios WRC games were superior - especially 2, 3, and 4. The current Milestone games are below standard - a new developer is really needed.
    100% agree with this, being frank. I support Milestone though and am happy to see them listening and improving things.

MUST HAVES for me: More varied stages and weather factor. One thing that Evolution Studios could definitely have done better is make the weather more random like in RBR, instead of being fixed so that the stage is always wet/dry/whatever every single time you dive it.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    To be honest, at the moment Rally games are just tinkled up versions of the same tired games that we were playing in the PS2 era, e.g. CMR, WRC. Codies have tried to take it in a new direction, but largely have disappointed us, by taking it in what I see as the wrong direction. They tried to open it to a new market (North America) and hence kind of ignored the existing fans. It was just unfortunate that around that '04/'05 period, rally games had lost their spark to the mass market. Am I correct that the last Evo WRC game didn't make Platinum? I think also the actual sport had begun it's decline by that point (something in my opinion, had a lot to do with Colin no longer competing), which contributed to decline in popularity of the genre. I can see the rational behind the initial idea of DiRT, Colin enjoyed more than just rallying, and hence his game (he did have major influence on the games) followed that. But the whole Travis Pastrana thing was just a bit too far.

The milestone games do not offer anything more than what we had ten years ago, besides better graphics (although I would argue that Evo Studios created better car models).
    I think rally games can be pushed beyond just driving stages, but that must be the very core of any rally game (particularly one with a WRC license).

I would like to see something along the line of a Co-driver mode. You call the pacenotes out to the driver. Or even better... get a buddy recce the stages, and write your own pacenotes, and race as proper rally crew.
    Definitely more integration of the service park. I'd just really like to see the immersion factor pushed a lot further. Don't just simulate driving a rally car (although this should be Number 1 on the list of things to achieve) but simulate the sport, similar to what Codies do with the F1 games.
    When I play a rally game/sim I want to be the driver, not the player controlling the driver of the car.

And of course all the stuff everyone else has said as well, Longer more varied stages, better sounds etc. etc. Because before they can do the cool things that I have mentioned, they have to get the basics right. No point having fancy immersive features, unless the core gameplay is worthy of it.

Just my 2c

Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
    Hazza555:
    Really well said! Cant agree more!
    "If you ain't first, your last..."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would like the to include the Fafe Rallysprint as part of the Portugese event during the season. Just thinking.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Even better I would like a greatest stages mode. With Ouninpohja, Col de turini, bunnings, fafe, viladrau etc etc