Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Congrats to AJ, and a great move by Team Penske.

Great news for AJ, but bad news for the rest of us who have another stud to beat!!

The Penske boys should be especially tough at the 500....as if they were not tough enough already!
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats to AJ for finding a two race job!
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    AR1 and its disgusting treatment of AJ, is based on a feud between MarkC and AJ's manager, Tara. AJ did not "turn his back" on Indycar, but signed with NASCAR because Forsythe gave him a low ball number at the time, and Champcar was on its way out. At the time NASCAR provided AJ with a solid paycheck, and future.

AJ is considered on of the top drivers, and just last week drove to 11th place, for an underfunded team at a tough track like Phoenix. MarkC should be ashamed for bashing AJ, for political reasons....

Last time I checked, a guy named Dario also struggled in NASCAR after "turning his back" on Indycar, but came back and did quite well.

AJ is a great driver, and possibly the funniest person I ever met. He is a very good driver, and his return was met with a positive response up and down the paddock. The only bad news, is there is another capable of winning.

Since AJ does not have a full time gig, and Indycar pays quite a bit less than NASCAR, I would hope he would make the best decision for himself. I wish we had the budget to sign him, but we don't. I'm sure Birscoe would like to race, but no one was able to meet his salary demands, so maybe he might "turn his back" and head to NASCAR as well.

AR1 would do itself well to stick to reporting....and if they are intent on adding opinions on each story, maybe add an opinion page where they can spew their rubbish. How many times did Ar1 publish new teams from Europe coming to Champcar or Indycar that never materialized?

Keep the politics out of your reporting, Mark (and your toadie Brian C!) That is in very poor taste.
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For the record...

I'm not a fan of Tara either, for reasons that I shall keep to myself. And, I like Mark very much and was an early supporter of his site....

But lets present the facts and leave the personal bias out of it.

Dario made a great transition back to Indycar, and he has stayed.

Who knows, AJ could make a splash, and could be set for the season in one of the prime rides in Indycar.

And, at the end of the day, he goes to NASCAR, that is where the money is, as sad it is it is to say. And, he has done well at times there. Again, 11th last week at Phoenix.
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Some probably wouldn't care, but I always thought the idea of 7 speed transmissions was pretty sweet. Ya know, having that 7th Gear sometimes makes all the difference in the world. Thanks for the memories, Tara.

And welcome back, A.J. As someone who has abandoned more than a few sinking ships in his life (the most recent about two months ago), the way I see it, when other people start paying your bills, then, and only then, do they earn the right to call you a turncoat for seeking greener pastures. And IMO, someone who once thought that Jon Vannini and James Grosfeld were the cat's meow is automatically disqualified from having any valid opinions... ever! Always consider the course, amigo. Always consider the source.

Now go win some races and make your old fans proud.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have not subscribed for a while (3 kids and private school tends to drain the bank account) but I was trying to figure out how AJ was "clueless". Now it makes sense.....

AJ did what he had to do. I cannot say I am a huge fan - seems like a bit too high maintenance to me - but he was a good driver who saw NASCAR as the only/best way to earn a living as a professional driver. He was right... Now as to why he got himself into the pickle he did last year - that was a bit on the clueless side and I hope he realizes jsut how lucky he is that he has a ride in a Penske Indycar and I hope he makes the most of it.... Personally, I'd like to see him take over for Helio in a season or two....

Interestingly enough however, I do not see how AJ helps Penske wins a championship. Will has problems getting the deal done, Helio is rarely a contender and AJ just seems like he doesn't have the mental toughness that Jackie Stewart always talked about to maintain a season long push - but maybe I am wrong.....