Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Homophobia

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Homosexuality: A Biological Anomaly : The Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease

Homosexuality, type 1: an Xq28 phenomenon.

Turner WJ.

Source

Department of Psychiatry, State University of New York at Stony Brook, New York 11794, USA
    Despite the absence of phenotypic manifestations in alternating generations characteristic of X-linked disorders, a thesis is presented that a major type of Kinsey grades 5 and 6 male homosexuality is determined by a gene in the Xq28 region.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by race aficionado
    Spafranco, this was nor personally aimed at you, it's just a general personal observation.
    Notice that the word "all" was not used.

Again, just an observation.
    If not aimed at me then who?

Just to be clear, I do not hold a grudge with anyone who disapproves of my opinion or others that disagree with opinions stated by others. We all learn by meaningful intelligent dialogue.

As long as it is not guns and politics

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    .... and sexual preferences?

We can all learn from our diversity.
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spafranco
    The "thoughts" you convey. Specifically what thoughts would they be?

You do not know or will ever know the thoughts conveyed by one on a forum.
    It's an insult to me and mine that you take this bold step which is more egregious than my stating what is written in the medical and scientific communities when describing homosexuality.

I have a gay individual in my family and do not have anything other than love and respect for them. I feel sad that they have to be careful when they go out lest some buffoon takes it upon themselves to express their heterosexuality when in fact they may be ignoring their homosexuality.
    The thoughts you convey with expressions like "very serious biological anomaly" or "biological mishap they have to endure".
    Save me the theatrical outrage and show me where these expressions are written in the medical and scientific communities when describing homosexuality.
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote
    The thoughts you convey with expressions like "very serious biological anomaly" or "biological mishap they have to endure".
    Save me the theatrical outrage and show me where these expressions are written in the medical and scientific communities when describing homosexuality.
    Why are you are so offended by what I write when I am showing you exactly where these expressions originate.
    Theatrics! Outrage! Neither applies to me but if you take a good look in the mirror you may get the answer to your own questions which I assume are questions since the is no question mark.
    NIH reprinted in NHB and Lancet.
    "In 1991, an autopsy study by Simon LeVay at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies in San Diego found that part of the brain called the anterior hypothalamus was twice as large in heterosexual men as in homosexual men, suggesting a biological anomaly for homosexuality. Because the gay men were active sexually with other homosexuals is it wise to make a determination that DNA or a genetic alteration causing the individuals sexuality to be altered to such an extent that the simple structure of genetic markers results in the anomaly of homosexuality be it male or female, and sexual attraction to the same sex".

Why are you so avidly aggressive when all I am doing is stating fact. I have said it once and not again. I have no reason nor inclination to have feelings of bigotry towards gay people.

Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts
    Well I think this little tidbit explains some of the terminology used. If medical publications are still using such terms I'm sure they are struck decade in the past.

From one of the above posted links:

Journal of Nervous & Mental Disease:
    January 1944 - Volume 99 - Issue 1 - ppg 65-70
    Original Articile: PDF Only

Note the date!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    Well I think this little tidbit explains some of the terminology used. If medical publications are still using such terms I'm sure they are struck decade in the past.

Note the date!

s:

Ah, I see. You see something contained in the article and straight away you dismiss it. I suppose that means that ALS was not a disease until Lou Gehrig came along.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter

Note the date!
    Argumentum ad novitatem: just because something is new does not make it right.

(The opposite being argumentum ad antiquitatem: being old does not make something right.)

As to that brain matter

Cum hoc propter hoc: Correlation does not prove causation.

Latin is such a beautiful language.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    Latin is such a beautiful language.
    Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre? - Is that a scroll in your toga, or are you just happy to see me?

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spafranco
    I have no reason nor inclination to have feelings of bigotry towards gay people.
    I get that impression from you too, actually. Don't quite understand why the donKey and others are so unhappy with your writing...

Why don't we all and make up?