Thread: In Car Cameras

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In Car Cameras

As we are getting up to speed for the new season, I thought it would be fun to discuss our favorite positions for in car cameras. I remember a few years ago they mounted a camera on the nose of cars. It was amazing to turn up the sound and go for a ride. It would be great to have that camera back this year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2IA
    As we are getting up to speed for the new season, I thought it would be fun to discuss our favorite positions for in car cameras. I remember a few years ago they mounted a camera on the nose of cars. It was amazing to turn up the sound and go for a ride. It would be great to have that camera back this year.
    I quite enjoyed the camera view from the wing mirror looking at the driver's helmet. I'd like to see that shot paired with a pedal cam to give a better sense of how the driver is working during a race. Also, with pedal cam, you could contrast the different styles of Dario Franchitti (right-foot braker) with the rest of the IndyCar field (left-foot brakers).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The camera inside the mirror provide a nice wide shot showing the driver working the wheel and the track. My favorite.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm not sure it was the best camera position, but the camera looking up at Lil Al at the 1992 Indy 500 was fantastic. You could see his chest heaving in the later parts of the race as his heart rate picked up, and it made for great TV.

I agree, the foot camera shots were always good.
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They only cared to show Danica's feet really.