Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Unpleasant wake-up call for several F1 drivers as drug testers come knocking

Drug testers have swooped on the homes of several Formula 1 drivers, including Australia's Daniel Ricciardo, in surprise early morning test.
    Ferrari's dual world champion Fernando Alonso said the testers, from the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), arrived at his house at 6.42am on Tuesday.
    New McLaren driver Sergio Perez confirmed he had endured a very early morning wake-up call as the result of a surprise urine test.
    And Toro Rosso racer Ricciardo tweeted that he "Got drug tested early hours this morning."
    Read more: Surprise drug test for F1 stars | Fox Sports
    Racing drivers have not been implicated in the recent Australian Crime Commission's investigation into drugs and corruption in sport but CAMS will review its approach to anti-doping, illicit drugs and also race fixing and corruption.
    Read more: Surprise drug test for F1 stars | Fox Sports
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    I would hope that at this level in motorsports, nobody is using illegal substances. I also hope that the testing is done fairly and without bias.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I bet someone is going to get snagged using Adderall!
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    I don't know how much drug use would really bring in terms of performance. F1 is physically demanding, but you wouldn't get the same sort of unholy performance gains that bicycle ridists get from EPO use and there is no drug that gives you Alonso's raw talent - he was born with it. The only thing I could think of would perhaps be 'roids for faster muscle build-up (especially neck muscles). But even that could turn counter-productive as being hunky is not exactly helpful within the small cockpits.
    Most racing drivers, who were caught out, where usually busted for things like Marihuana, cocain and stuff, so more like something they would have done for something else but performance enhancement.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    I agree with the above and don't expect anyone to get caught using any illegal performance enhancing stimulants like we see in other more physically demanding sports where strength and stamina are the deciding factors on outright performance... however there have been other sports such as snooker where some have been accused of using Beta blockers (illegal?)to aid their concentration levels.

I'd be very shocked if anything like that came to light but tbh I don't really know very much about performance enhancing drugs to know if the temptation to use anything may even exist in F1... Your thoughts?
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    there is no drug that gives you Alonso's raw talent - he was born with it.
    Made me think of this!
    http://youtu.be/Ns6YSvCsVJM