Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSon
    Imola is such a perfect track, it should be in the calendar even twice!
    Turkey is also very good, except the bumpy surface.
    Both german tracks deserve to be in the calendar in the same season.
    Turkey - thats what I was going to say, and Im surprised no ones mentioned it earlier!
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by slorydn1
    I also wouldn't mind seeing them on Daytona's road course. Could you imagine those F1 engines shreaking around the high banks at 220+?
    Well sure, now that the Michelin tires are gone from the series.

Yes, I'm still bitter about the '05 USGP...
    Formula Platypus 2012

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Adelaide - much better than Albert Park.
    Imola - pre-'94.
    Hockenheim - pre it's disgraceful emasculation.
    A1 Ring - I always liked this circuit, it was short and fast and usually produced good racing.

I'd also like to see Spa, Silverstone and Monza returned to their '90's layouts. I don't think the recent modifications have improved the circuits in any way.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    Imola - pre-'94.
    A1 Ring - I always liked this circuit, it was short and fast and usually produced good racing.

I'd also like to see Spa, Silverstone and Monza returned to their '90's layouts. I don't think the recent modifications have improved the circuits in any way.
    I agree with everything there. I think although the dynamics of the section between Tamburello and Villenneuve, Tosa corners were changed due to Senna's and Ratzenbergers fatal accidents, it was necessary. They could have kept Tamburello the way it was but applied modern barrier methods of course. Run off area was the problem because the proximity of the wall is closer than we see on modern circuits. Still it would be a dream to see it adapted and returned to the calendar IMO.

Big accidents can happen in the most unlikely of places

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg7O7WSWYWg

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    Imola - pre-'94.

I was reading the topic of this thread and all of these tracks came to mind straight away. Another one is the Nurburgring and Suzuka. They have tamed out these tracks somewhat as well over the last ten years or so. It's not the same. People go on about how the driving standard is greater today than it was in F1 ten years ago when Schumacher was dominating. I don't believe this is the case and I believe a contribution to peoples beliefs is that the sanitizing of tracks over the last 12-15 years has meant that the men are no longer sorted from the boys on many tracks, which in turn makes some drivers look a lot better than they actually are.

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Old Hockeheim through the forest. Sure it was not a big challenge but atleast it was fun watching them blast through and also had a few passing chances.

Laguna Seca - although hasn't been used yet
    Watkins Glen
    Oulton/Donnington Park

Imola maybe a great, historic track and also probably great fun to drive, it produces a crappy race.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I'd love to see F1 return to Long Beach, it'll never happen but hey, we're allowed to dream are we?
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    It's F5000 but it gives an excellent view of Phillip Island from the seat of a 500-600hp/700kg head-banger of an open-wheeler.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6mJD9XXzU1Q

Further proof (if any was needed) that the FIM need to consult with it's fanbase once in a while. Also as mentioned above, Suzuka in its 80's to 90's configuration would be mega! Totally up for that one should it happen.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    can someone send me some scripts or something so I can spam and win this: pokerlistings.com/competitions
    I really want to watch it live this year.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Can someone send me a hot poker to ram it up your backside? Go away spammer!
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю