Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D28
    I believe Bernie is against the idea of one country having 2 F1 races in the same year, given the expanded calendar. US seems to be the exception,
    I think its more a case of Bernie not wanting any nation to have 2 races unless they have a top driver and he can make more from that country (i.e -2 German races when Schumi was around, then 2 Spanish when Fernando was at the top) or a country that has buckets of money and potential of money (i.e USA).
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    But I'm with you on Adelaide. It was a brilliant track, Loved in the good old GrandPrix 2 playing times. A real man's circuit
    Me too Adelaide Rocked
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I vote for the mighty Bremgarten.

Sure, they'd have to change the Swiss laws, and remove all the houses built where the track was, then rebuild the track. But still, it'd be worth it!
    "There is no victory in death." - Gilles Villeneuve

Absolutely casual concurrence

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Dijon Prenois
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Get rid of the terrible Nurburgring GP circuit and return to the older Nordschliefe track. It is an awesome track but i guess it would raise quite a few issues. Most of which to do with the length of the track and safety concerns.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    As a guy who's against modifying circuits and unnecessary stupid safety protocols such as run-off areas, low curbstones and unnecessarily re-asphalting a track to remove eventual challenging bumps, I say that running on the Nordschleife goes too far.. I'm a very experienced sim racer but there's one track on which I only might have just once completed a lap successfully without a mistake.. That's that dangerous and way too long Nordschleife circuit indeed... Running on that track in real life is even with those safe cars we have nowadays, asking for one or more fatality. Okay, they ran there in the past but remember that those cars were much slower and so it was easier to react on all those challenging and bumpy turns.. It's a beautiful track but F1 should not race there... Let them race at Sonoma Raceway, Barber Motorsports Park and Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course and indeed... Without modifying the track, so NO lower curbstones, NO run-off areas and NO new asphalt.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    On the one hand: Even IndyCar can't make Sonoma look good for OW cars.

On the other hand: It is the anti-Tilkedrome.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd