Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbetty
    Thruxton - I'd be interested to see how F1 cars go there. It's also something unique and is unspoilt by any kind of Tilkeness.
    Now that would certainly be interesting. Might need a bit of widening at the start/finish but that could be done without spoiling the character. There is already a lot of runoff in places, and I think ploughing through 2-foot-high grass is a more suitable penalty for running off than having tarmac there! I guess Church would probably be flat-out in a modern F1 car but with the bumps it could be tricky.

Lap times would be well under a minute with average speeds pushing 150mph! (Damon hill did a 57.6s lap @147mph in the super-trick Williams FW15C in 1993.)

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroTroll
    Why? IMO a "mickey mouse" track; the Hungaroring of South America.
    Don't know if today's F1 would produce interesting race on this track. But I'd like to see it again, somehow liked this circuit altough last F1 race was there in 1998.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Laguna Seca. I'd love to see a race there. Might not suit F1 cars but if it ever happened I'd be there.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It would be amazing to see F1 back at Brands but alas

Thruxton has the speed but the chicane is a bit Monza Micky mouse for me.

Oulton would be a hoot and East London a classic.

If I was Bill Gates I would buy Brooklands, remodel it to include corners like parabolica, Paddock Hill Bend and 130R while keeping a banking section. He'll, with enough money, the FIA will do anything so why not

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Phillip Island - sadly it would need a few mods but watching a pack of F1's wailing down into Doohan, around the southern loop and through the newly named Stoner Curve... In fact, any section of this race track would be spectacular to watch F1 cars circulate! Lukey Heights would sort out those with the big stones and those without. It would be utterly barking!

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    I wish there was a mega rich guy/consortium who would modernise Road America.
    Absolutely.

I will not even mention The Ring, because it will never happen, but F1 should go back to Istanbul and A1-Ring. Both were pretty good tracks. They could dump crap lifeless tracks like Abu Dhabi and India.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Mosport to me will always be the spiritual home of Canadian racing. It was home to most Canadian Grand Prix from 1967 to 77, although a few were held at Mt Tremblant.
    To really hang it out in corner 2 or 4 calls for commitment and bravery not seen in all F1 drivers. This circuit has been cited as one reason for development of a lot of good Canadian talent in the 1990s. It is the ultimate drivers circuit; in comparison Montreal is simply a track IMO. I'm in a minority for sure, but the reasons Montreal is acclaimed as a venue have little to do with the actual racing circuit.
    There is not the slightest chance of F1 ever returning. The run off areas required would effectively ruin the circuit and no one would invest the required dollars for crowd amenities and so on. By F1 standards it is in the middle of nowhere.
    Still the sight of F1 and Can-Am cars blasting around Mosport is something to be treasured.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

+1 to all who said the old Hockenheim. I loved that track.
    While we are fixing existing tracks back to their grandeur, how about putting the Bus Stop at Spa back the way it was, it's ridiculous the way it is now.

Magny Cours would be cool with me too, as if I remember correctly the first F1 race I watched from start to finish on Speedvision here in America was the French Grand Prix (I wanna say that was 1998-I remember the Schu won the race and his teammate that I cannot remember finished P2, but was like 20-30 seconds back).

I wouldn't mind seeing F1 at the old Nurburgring Nordscheliffe, either. Just imagine THAT lap time, though, even in today's cars

I also wouldn't mind seeing them on Daytona's road course. Could you imagine those F1 engines shreaking around the high banks at 220+?
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Imola is such a perfect track, it should be in the calendar even twice!
    Turkey is also very good, except the bumpy surface.
    Both german tracks deserve to be in the calendar in the same season.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Of course 'old' Hockenheim, but I'll keep it realistic:

Trade Bahrain for Imola! If F1 could make one concession for the fans, Bahrain has had its run, and now its riots. Meanwhile, sure Imola is a tough deal to overtake on, but moreso is Monaco. If I'm honest, Imola has just about the same tingly historic feel without the needless pomp & circumstance of Monaco. Even if an Imola race produced no overtakes, just to hear the cars roar and watch them slice that ribbon of tarmac up again would be worth it to me.
    Formula Platypus 2012