Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

F1 Tracks you wish we're removed from the Calander and why?

Monaco-Always a dull race, just a follow the leader race! Don't care about the location if I'm sitting in Pompey watching it on telly! It's just a race for the posh to show of their big boats! It should be removed for racing reasons who really wants to see cars trying to do overtake but realising there's no room!

Bahrain last year was pretty good but most of the time it's extremly dull too many corners not enough straights but then again you can say the same for most tilke tracks!
    Supporting the British Drivers all over the world!!!
    BRITISH POWER!!!!!!!

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    I strongly disagree.

Spa and Monaco are my two favorite GP's of the year. Although I agree it can be a bit of a procession and the media circus aspect of it aside, I've always really enjoyed Monaco, so tight, so demanding and ready to heavily punish the slightest of mistakes. The sensation of speed and danger you get from such a tight, largely enclosed track is second to none. It's unique, has so much history and I feel that its pros outweigh its cons by a big margin.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's not wide enough for proper racing though! I want to see close side by side racing and lots of overtakes that's entertaining! Not just have the odd crash!
    Supporting the British Drivers all over the world!!!
    BRITISH POWER!!!!!!!

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I agree with Zico.

I love Monaco. Its an epic challenge of the drivers concentration.

If you love wide tracks then that rules out Monza as well. You would end up with F1 going only to 4 or 5 tilke dromes created for overtaking.

I prefer F1 to visit many tracks of differing challenges. (i.e - Monaco - concentration, Spa - bravery, Silvestone - precision, Monza - Out & Ot speed)

F1 without these more challenging and historic venues would be a duller and poorer series.

As for the tracks I would remove.

Bahrain - Dull race despite being wide. Political situation is not ideal either.
    Korea - No soul, just another Tilke sytle drome.
    India - Same as on the whole. Doesnt inspire me.
    Abu Dhabi - Dull, lifeless, repetative and just awful racing.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    I wish Spa was removed from the calender, as that's where Coulthard tried to kill Schumacher. Something about the track obviously encourages homicidal tendencies...

I kid, of course.

The F1 calender should contain races that challenge the driver in different ways. Monaco is great, I love it! We can't do without it. We CAN do without several of the recently built tracks, though, which add nothing special in the way of challenges.

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Alien life lands on motorsportforums!!

Someone call Agent Frentzen!
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Probably Hungary

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Agreed about Monaco, it should stay in F1 forever. If you lose Monaco F1 is dead IMO.

One's I'd happily do without on this years calendar:
    China, Bahrain, Singapore, Korea, India, Abu Dhabi, United States.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    I wouldn't be sad if Monaco disappeared off the calendar, but I'd rather Singabore, Adu Dullbi, Bore-rain, and Valencia went first.

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroTroll
    I wish Spa was removed from the calender, as that's where Coulthard tried to kill Schumacher. Something about the track obviously encourages homicidal tendencies...

I kid, of course.

The F1 calender should contain races that challenge the driver in different ways. Monaco is great, I love it! We can't do without it. We CAN do without several of the recently built tracks, though, which add nothing special in the way of challenges.
    I was about to retract my offer to let you be a FGP groupie over that Spa comment until I saw you were joking!

If I had to pick two tracks they would probably be Bahrain and Abu Dhabi. Some of the new tracks IMO are just to "souless" and generic.

I like Monaco. Even without the media and wealthy crowd circus it has character to me. Though passing opportunities are minimal it forces drivers to qualify well and stay focused. If they don't they have to really push hard to overtake. Even if Monaco itself was gone I think having a track like this in F1 mixes things up.

Mark, I was surpised to see COTA on your list. Though it's not a favoriate I thought it was a fairly unique track. I just watched some Grand Am racing there and the overtaking was going on all over the track.