Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts

The new LaFerrari !!??

Yep, the new Enzo replacement flagship Ferrari F170 is called the 'LaFerrari'.. seriously! What were they thinking? It does have a nice rear end but there is a bit too much going on at the front in my opinion.

"Ferrari has unveiled its long-awaited successor to the mighty Enzo at the Geneva Motor Show – and it’s the fastest and most advanced model the company has ever produced. It’s called LaFerrari, as it’s ‘the Ferrari’, or the culmination of everything the brand knows. And it packs a 950bhp hybrid powertrain, as well as a raft of technology from Formula One. The LaFerrari’s performance figures set a new benchmark for road cars. The 0-62mph sprint takes “less than three seconds”, 0-124mph takes “under seven seconds” and it can lap Ferrari’s Fiorano test track in Italy in under one minute 20 seconds – or five seconds faster than the Enzo. While the top speed has yet to be announced, the ballpark performance figures quoted are identical to the McLaren P1’s – although the Ferrari’s 950bhp trumps the P1’s 903bhp output.

Power comes from a 789bhp version of the F12’s 6.3-litre V12, working in tandem with a 161bhp electric motor to drive the rear axle. Ferrari claims the motor’s high torque output at low revs allowed it to tune the V12 to produce its best at high revs. The result is huge power on tap, at any speed, in any gear.A 60kg lithium-ion battery pack attached under the floorpan helps give the car a 35mm lower centre of gravity than the Enzo. It’s charged under braking and whenever the V12 produces more torque than required. The batteries supply power to the electric motor, which is hooked up to a seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox. This hybrid system means that the LaFerrari emits just 330g/km of CO2.

To cope with the awesome power and performance, the front Pirelli P Zero tyres are bigger than on the Enzo, plus there’s a new generation of Brembo carbon ceramic brakes. Active aerodyamics play a key role, too, and include a flexible front diffuser and underbody vanes, as well as an active rear spoiler and diffuser. This removes the need for an ungainly fixed rear wing, and the movable parts allow downforce to be maximised or drag reduced as required. The design has been honed in the F1 team’s wind tunnel, and picks up where the Enzo left off with a low, pointed nose and gaping air intakes. The lower front wing, which appears to hang on a single strut, is a nod to current F1 cars, while the blacked-out roof flows seamlessly into the front and back ends.

The LaFerrari is the latest in limited-series Ferrari specials – following cars like the 288 GTO, F40 and F50, as well as the Enzo – and will be limited to just 499 examples worldwide. Prices have yet to be confirmed, but don’t expect change from £1million."

See pics and read more here.. Homepage - LaFerrari

Thoughts?.. I think I prefer the 458 tbh.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't like the name, but I think the car looks fantastic! Actually I much prefer the front to the rear.
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Stunning car, stupid name.

Should have been called after one of their F1 drivers. "The Irvine" - for instance.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroTroll
    Stunning car, stupid name.

Should have been called after one of their F1 drivers. "The Irvine" - for instance.

Well its certainly better than 'LaFerrari'!
    Perhaps like Lamborghini (Gallardo LP550 Balboni), they should start naming their cars in honour of the drivers that helped develop them.. F458 Schumacher, F170 Alonso?
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    The rear end is horrible! Stupid name too!
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    I don't like the rear end much on that rig and am indefferent to the name. I'd drive one.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    I think it's fantastic. I could care less what they call it!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Idiotic name. Nice car though.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    hey Ioan, I heard it's 6 tenths faster than the Enzo... you know who helped set it up ailor:
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote
    hey Ioan, I heard it's 6 tenths faster than the Enzo... you know who helped set it up ailor:
    LdM?
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro