Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts

Tour of Epynt 2013

Bloody good looking entry for this one, any one on here going?

Entry list http://www.ptmconline.com/assets/fil...%20List-r3.pdf

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I will be there most likely...

the entry looks really nice and the weather hopefully will be dry this time. the map does not help much...hopefully we will get a more detailed one along with stage names and a proper Itinerary.

I think thats generally all we get, though there are usually sources of much better maps and info

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And where can someone get in touch with those sources... I must say i am really disappointed that the 1st round of the tarmac championship gets such a treatment... no stage names.. no service area map... no proper maps not even a proper itinerary ? maybe they release something more adequate during the week...hmmm

Why is that ? i think first and foremost is disrespectful towards the drivers who i am sure would like to see good numbers of spectators.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    problem solved

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NxOxT
    Why is that ? i think first and foremost is disrespectful towards the drivers who i am sure would like to see good numbers of spectators.
    The event is held on military land so the organisers are always a bit careful about what gets released to the public. It's also difficult to name the stages because there are so many variations in such a small area, you used to be able to easily stand in one spot and see 6 stages, a bit like a single venue. This also means that the itinerary doesn't always run to plan, it's quite normal to run late because of accidents.

Drivers also, on the whole, dislike spectators. As far as most drivers are concerned the spectators just get in the way and disrupt things...that said you can usually find a nice friendly crew that send stage maps etc.

Great entry but not sure if I'll be able to go, I get the feeling that doing something proper for Mother's Day might be more important.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan
    The event is held on military land so the organisers are always a bit careful about what gets released to the public. It's also difficult to name the stages because there are so many variations in such a small area, you used to be able to easily stand in one spot and see 6 stages, a bit like a single venue. This also means that the itinerary doesn't always run to plan, it's quite normal to run late because of accidents.

Drivers also, on the whole, dislike spectators. As far as most drivers are concerned the spectators just get in the way and disrupt things...that said you can usually find a nice friendly crew that send stage maps etc.

Great entry but not sure if I'll be able to go, I get the feeling that doing something proper for Mother's Day might be more important.
    yes you are right about the area, in the spectator points it says you can watch 5 stages just by staying in one spot...which is good i guess.... walking a bit after each stage to find something different is always a choice. saw this video and i wonder if those spectator places are the ones in the guide...

just go to youtube and type tour of epynt 2012 hd...cannot post links yet.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NxOxT
    yes you are right about the area, in the spectator points it says you can watch 5 stages just by staying in one spot...which is good i guess.... walking a bit after each stage to find something different is always a choice. saw this video and i wonder if those spectator places are the ones in the guide...

just go to youtube and type tour of epynt 2012 hd...cannot post links yet.
    Most of the clips in this video are from around Dixies Tour of Epynt 2012 HD - YouTube

This picture was taken at Dixies corner

IMG_4507 by Jan Yeo, on Flickr

This one was taken down by the other spectator area

IMG_4824 by Jan Yeo, on Flickr

Whenever we go to Epynt we very rarely bother looking at any spectator info, we just turn up for about 9:30/10 o'clock and see where they happen to be running. If there's nothing in the 'programme' that they provide then we'll generally ask a marshal where/when they're running.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Actually, last year they put maps and stage times a day or two beforehand. I think there were complaints as other events on Epynt do provide stages maps, etc

While understandable as its on MoD land, Rallying in the UK needs to join the 21st century.....far too many events provide little info or promotion.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???