Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    While understandable as its on MoD land, Rallying in the UK needs to join the 21st century.....far too many events provide little info or promotion.
    Far too many events, certainly down this way, are unable to. Somerset Stages are limited to Chargot Wood (not that spectators stick to just there!), Bovington is no spectators. Smeatharpe is effectively no spectators. Brean is single venue so there's not much info to give, same for Regency Stages.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts
    Ill be there in car 5, hope it styas dry!
    The only way on a leaderboard is up.....until you crash!!!!!

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Long range forecast says cloudy...but we all know how mad the weather is on Epynt!

Weather and climate change - Met Office

As long as its not like the deluge of 2007, then il be happy enough!

I have heard that there is a possibility of snow!

For those with basic phones like mine, you can get text alerts for the event here Order8

I see Peter Lloyd has had to pull out due to car problems, which is a shame.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    great event... no rain thank god, a bit of snow during the last stages but i have never encountered such cold in my life... i was wearing 3 layers of thermals plus a fleece and a jacket an could feel the cold piercing through...crazy.

cannot post links yet so if you want to see my gallery go to my flickr page by searching for my username.

next one for me now is either BRC north wales or rally of midlands... we will see...

simpson and coles finished the event with exactly the same time !!! lol...but i guess the win goes to simpson due to more stage wins.

Simmo won as he was fastest on SS1.

Rally of Midlands is cancelled this year too mate.

Good day for me in car 5, never sat in the car before and it was surprisingly spacious! Made a bad tyre choice on stages 3 and 4 and dropped shed loads of time to Simon Mauger but we eventually beat him on 4 of the 7 stages. The Darrian is a seriously quick piece of kit and with the tweeks John is making to it, it is becoming better and better in changing conditions.

Joe

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I'm hoping to regain feeling in my toes before Thursday. **** me that was cold!

Nothing overly spectacular about the rallying, some days it's like that. We didn't turn up until the start of stage 3 and wandered in a bit from Dixies to watch in this spot (we're part of the group on the left, the two guys in black coats) We only really picked that spot because it was reasonably sheltered so we could cook some eggs

Untitled by NxOxT, on Flickr

Towards the lower order we wandered up to the jump at the top and then went further through the stage. For stage 5 we watched at a little stone bridge just after a really long straight and a crest. One bloke was fully committed over the crest and go huge air but I can't remember who, or even what car he was in. For stage 6 we wandered back to the jump at the top of the hill, then back down to where NOT took the picture above for the last stage.

Nice to see an S2000 out and about, seemed to be driving it fairly well too but didn't seem to have the times to match, which was a surprise.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

My video from stages 2,4,5 and 6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jhH4XWT9T4

Spent the morning between junctions 12 and 13 where there was some good fast spots, before stomping on up towards 9 for stage 6. I must have walked miles yesterday, especially after my mis-read of the map for stages 2 and 4....

Didnt find it too cold until towards the end of the day when I moved up towards junction 7 to see the jumps. It was bloody arctic and I was literally sat in a dried up ditch out the wind waiting for the last stage, during which I wimped out after the 6r4s and headed home!

Pics to follow in a couple days!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Would love to get down and have a look at the ranges sometime........
    Tom