Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There's a leak at the Speedway

racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nothing earth shattering? Are you kidding? Just change the way the whole organization is run is all (not that it can't use some changes). But ditch the NBCS deal because they will be promoting F1? (which should actually be a big asset with all the lead-ins to IC races which will only increase viewership). Crunch the season into a back breaking schedule that will kill the poor *******s working on the cars? And, aren't these consultant reports supposed to be kept confidential? I bet the Boston firm had to sign confidentiality agreements prior to beginning work on the project, and if they didn't, somebody really dropped the ball. With a leak like this, to AP (one of the largest media outlets in the world), no less, somebody's ass should be put in a sling. But knowing how those hillbillies in the Hulman-George family operate...maybe not.
    life is always a crisis, for without crisis, there would be no excitement to life.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just saw a nice sidebar on the NBC PGA broadcast. Featured a piece on Graham Rahl golfing with Rickey Fowler, and promoted the race in St. Pete as well...but, oh wait!...IC has been advised to ditch NBCS. Oh, I'm sorry "At Indycar, we don't need no stinking promotion".
    life is always a crisis, for without crisis, there would be no excitement to life.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by booger
    Nothing earth shattering? Are you kidding? Just change the way the whole organization is run is all (not that it can't use some changes). But ditch the NBCS deal because they will be promoting F1? (which should actually be a big asset with all the lead-ins to IC races which will only increase viewership). Crunch the season into a back breaking schedule that will kill the poor *******s working on the cars? And, aren't these consultant reports supposed to be kept confidential? I bet the Boston firm had to sign confidentiality agreements prior to beginning work on the project, and if they didn't, somebody really dropped the ball. With a leak like this, to AP (one of the largest media outlets in the world), no less, somebody's ass should be put in a sling. But knowing how those hillbillies in the Hulman-George family operate...maybe not.
    Earth shattering's definition requires something to be sold.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Leak, are you kidding me? That was done on purpose to create a buzz. Waste of money,They should of spend that on purses especially Indy wich in return would create more interest and participants . Stop the phony fiction and open competition where other manufacturers are allowed and everything else will follow.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No, not at all correct.

Quote Originally Posted by FIAT1
    Leak, are you kidding me? That was done on purpose to create a buzz. Waste of money,They should of spend that on purses especially Indy wich in return would create more interest and participants . Stop the phony fiction and open competition where other manufacturers are allowed and everything else will follow.
    Based on the emailed rebuttel that IMS sent out after the leak, it certainly was not intentional. Look for whose head is the next to roll, as this did not sit well with management. People were not happy that this information was leaked.

Your arguement falls flat, "what other manufacturers"?? Reynard? Lola? Eagle? Siwft? I amazed how many of you missed the fact that each and every manufacturer who bid on the new car, did so with an excusivity clause. There is not enough money to support multiple manufacturers.
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye
    Based on the emailed rebuttel that IMS sent out after the leak, it certainly was not intentional. Look for whose head is the next to roll, as this did not sit well with management. People were not happy that this information was leaked.
    Right, and you believe them, ok good luck with that. Nothing but silly pr stunt that didn't work. You want study? I will give you one for free: "spec series does not work", and people don't care for it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Your arguement falls flat, "what other manufacturers"?? Reynard? Lola? Eagle? Siwft? I amazed how many of you missed the fact that each and every manufacturer who bid on the new car, did so with an excusivity clause. There is not enough money to support multiple manufacturers.
    Ok , you right , three races playoff will do the trick. Unbelievable.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You can believe whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by FIAT1
    Right, and you believe them, ok good luck with that. Nothing but silly pr stunt that didn't work. You want study? I will give you one for free: "spec series does not work", and people don't care for it.
    If you choose to believe somthing that is false, that is your own choice. They fired most everyone from the PR department (including the lovely Ms. Liz Markle....) so there is no one in place to plan for such a stunt. The plan was to review the study, discuss options, then proceed. That said, I have mixed feelings of using such outside "consultants" but these guys did present their approach quite well at the meeting at the speedway. They were quite keen on using the NFL, not NASCAR, for comparisons...

I hope NASCAR does not find out that "spec series do not work"...(and I'm not a fan, but a lot of people care for it!)
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If you choose to believe somthing that is false, that is your own choice. They fired most everyone from the PR department (including the lovely Ms. Liz Markle....) so there is no one in place to plan for such a stunt. The plan was to review the study, discuss options, then proceed. That said, I have mixed feelings of using such outside "consultants" but these guys did present their approach quite well at the meeting at the speedway. They were quite keen on using the NFL, not NASCAR, for comparisons...

I hope NASCAR does not find out that "spec series do not work"...(and I'm not a fan, but a lot of people care for it!)
    OK ,problem solved .Spec cars are here , now that playoff will be in place,only thing left is a phony story with fixed outcome, couple of big crashes with multiple cars to have a big one and you got it made.Yep,that's going to generate interest and huge crowd. Wish you the best with it.