Thread: Jealousy

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts

Wink Jealousy

Just a lazy Friday afternoon discussion meant to bring about a weekend mood. My wife keeps telling me I'm not jealous enough. She means that a bit of jealousy is good to spice up the relationship and re-ignite the affection. The occasion she brought it up recently was a visit from her old male friend from her home town. They weren't anything but friends and he attended our wedding with his g/f. He's married now. Regardless, she thought I should be jealous but I wasn't. I was like, let's have a dinner together. She was disappointed. I think, though, jealousy is a waste of time. What about you?
    Llibertat

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Do you still love your wife? Jealousy is love's companion. That's why the missus was disappointed.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I sometimes like it when my girlfriend gets jealous. I makes me think that a) she doesn't want to some other woman having me and b) she thinks I'm irresistible to all women.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts
    Jealousy is a two headed snake. It's good to a point and can be flattering to a person. If it's taken too far it can lead to thoughts of mistrust as well though.

I trust my wife (otherwise wouldn't be married to her still) and as such don't get jealous often. But I make a point of letting her know if I catch someone checking her out or something. I also joke with her when she finds a celebrity or someone famous attractive and tell her we can arrange a "hall pass" if that guy shows up the same night Selma Hayek shows up wanting to take me home!

On the flip side, my wife can at times be overly jealous and catty, and I've had to tell her it makes me feel less trusted. What really confuses me at times is that she seems to get "catty" with the women I see as safe... the ones that might joke and flirt but wouldn't go there out of respect for both of us. The ones I think might go there seem to be off her radar.

I understand that I'm an absolute stud of a man and any woman would find me desirable, but she still needs to keep it under control!

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Tamasz
    The occasion she brought it up recently was a visit from her old male friend from her home town. They weren't anything but friends and he attended our wedding with his g/f. He's married now.
    Lol. Old friends may cause trouble. I felt it on my skin.

Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    Jealousy is a two headed snake. It's good to a point and can be flattering to a person. If it's taken too far it can lead to thoughts of mistrust as well though.

I trust my wife (otherwise wouldn't be married to her still) and as such don't get jealous often. But I make a point of letting her know if I catch someone checking her out or something. I also joke with her when she finds a celebrity or someone famous attractive and tell her we can arrange a "hall pass" if that guy shows up the same night Selma Hayek shows up wanting to take me home!

On the flip side, my wife can at times be overly jealous and catty, and I've had to tell her it makes me feel less trusted. What really confuses me at times is that she seems to get "catty" with the women I see as safe... the ones that might joke and flirt but wouldn't go there out of respect for both of us. The ones I think might go there seem to be off her radar.

I understand that I'm an absolute stud of a man and any woman would find me desirable, but she still needs to keep it under control!
    My wife often gets it wrong, too. Once we had a nasty row because I spoke playfully of one of my colleagues and I was completely innocent. Yet my wife haven't yet figured out that Salma is the biggest single threat to our relationship...
    Llibertat

Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Tamasz
    My wife often gets it wrong, too. Once we had a nasty row because I spoke playfully of one of my colleagues and I was completely innocent. Yet my wife haven't yet figured out that Salma is the biggest single threat to our relationship...
    If you'd like I can help you clear that issue up. Given a chance to speak with your wife I can make it clear that no other women are a threat to your relationship. Including Salma, because her only desire is me!

I once almost caused a problem with a friend and his wife. I knew him fairly well and had met her several times. Jokingly when she showed up one day I acted as though I didn't know she was his wife and said "I thought that brunette (or whatever)" was your wife. I knew them both enough that I assumed she would take it completely for what it was, just joking around. He called me the next day concerned and I had to speak with his wife to clarify things. Lesson learned for me!

I'm not jealous, so I'll let you get away with it, I mean with her.

She's the only celebrity I know of, who men and women unanimously find attractive. When she pops up in a discussion everybody goes, yes, she's the one really sexy.
    Llibertat